Might try it !!!

Individual and Team TT

Might try it !!!

Postby amattinson » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Some of the guys I ride with are doing the occasional ITT and suggested it is good for another form of training . What are the absolute basic equipment needs ? and how do you choose between all the bar styles available ?

Thanks

Andrew
amattinson

by BNA » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:52 pm

BNA

Re: Might try it !!!

Postby zozza » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Go for it, you wont regret.
Just start off with your Roadie, build from there at your leisure,
Probably the most fun you can have on a bike :)
zozza

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:51 am

Yeah I am doing one at the end of the month...was going to get clip ons but will probably just end up in standard road kit and bike...see how I like it!.
toolonglegs

Postby RobRollin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:17 pm

I tried it last weekend, and i loved it. You have nothing but yourself, your bike and the clock. it's a really good indication of how far you can push yourself. It's called the race of truth.

I took my bike, jersey, knicks, gloves, shoes, I don't have clip ons. Hold the hoods, drop your elbows, keep your knees in close to the cross bar. and spin in circles. Dont go out too early, it's very easy to do as I discovered, pace yourself. When you cross the line you should have given it everything.

Now I want a pair of clipons for the remaining TT series.
RobRollin

Postby Grant W » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:49 am

Having both a TT bike and road bike is too expensive for me, so this is what I have done.

found a set of TT bars on E-bay which included base bars, brake levers and top bars with pads for $175.00
Set of new Dura-Ace 10 speed bar end shifters (seconds are hard to find) $200.00
New Thomson seat post with the bend or kick in the stem $250.00, I have turned the post around so it kicks forward and brings the seat over the cranks, there is enough adjustment in the swivel to keep the seat level.

The geometry of the frame is not the same as a TT frame, but the new seat post helps with the angle difference, but also being new to the ITT's it sure beats buying a separete bike.
It only takes me 30 -40 min to swap the handle bars, seat post and re-set the gearing and it does make a difference.

All I need know is a decent set of wheels.
Grant W

Return to Time Trial