First post TT experience

Individual and Team TT

First post TT experience

Postby Chaderotti » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:04 pm

At training today at the track the coach wanted us to do 2000 TT's. I can barely say two thousand before gasping for air and falling to the ground in the fetal position... let alone RIDE it! One kid, same age as me is a mini iron man, he does his fair share of tri's and what not so he is pretty crazy when it comes to long ish distance TT's. I was watching him do his run and he was damn fast!

When it came to my turn it became a two man job to hold the bike as I jumped on :oops: . Ugh screw typing up a whole story I want some sleep!

Did my 8 laps and crossed the line at 2 minutes 47 seconds, average of about 43 ish says my math. I stopped and I could barely unclip, took me about 3 or 4 times to get the first foot out. Leaned the bike up against the rails and I could barely walk :shock: . Then as I slowly fell to the ground the words "you should barely be able to stand after doing a TT correctly" shot through my head, forgot which member said that here.
Bottom line? I think I did a TT, correctly :roll:

Oh and that mini iron man guy, his PB is 2 minutes 40 seconds, he's been playing sport for years! I only got my ass off the couch in september of 08 :P
Princess
Mistress = Pinarello Opera, Ultegra SL
Mistress #2 = Drag Bluebird
Chaderotti

by BNA » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:04 pm

BNA

Re: First post TT experience

Postby Chaderotti » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:04 pm

wow I barely remember typing this up :D
Princess
Chaderotti

Postby daacha » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Good work Chad.....beat your PB next time.

daacha
daacha

Postby Redbull » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:09 am

Keep going

Soon you'll be able to do a 10 mile TT :D
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass
Redbull

Postby Chaderotti » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Redbull wrote:Keep going

Soon you'll be able to do a 10 mile TT :D

I'll stick to my short stuff thanks :D
Princess
Chaderotti

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Then as I slowly fell to the ground the words "you should barely be able to stand after doing a TT correctly" shot through my head, forgot which member said that here.
That be me Chad :) Now you're learning, good on you. That is the way you should feel after all you you time trials. Then you have no doubt, that you put your heart and soul into it! 8)
Now admit it, even though you felt stuffed after it, you felt good knowing you gave it your all. :mrgreen:

Gary
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby Chaderotti » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:05 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Then as I slowly fell to the ground the words "you should barely be able to stand after doing a TT correctly" shot through my head, forgot which member said that here.
That be me Chad :) Now you're learning, good on you. That is the way you should feel after all you you time trials. Then you have no doubt, that you put your heart and soul into it! 8)
Now admit it, even though you felt stuffed after it, you felt good knowing you gave it your all. :mrgreen:

Gary

haha thanks! At 2 laps I accelerated a little but wasn't tooo sure if that was the right thing to do, so I backed down a bit. I also had to ride up the bank, I crossed the line side by side with the guy on the opposite end, so I finished and he still had half a lap. Could saved a bit of time from not doing that.
I probably could have put down a bit more power, but judging at how buggered I was after that.... I don't think that was the right thing to do :P

Now I just need some TT kit! Aerobards first me thinks.
Princess
Chaderotti

Return to Time Trial