Post your time trial bike pics

foo on patrol

Re: Post your time trial bike pics

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:32 am

Stoo wrote:i have a mate who is looking to part with his.....Frame only medium size.
Does your mates first and last names start with, C & R and lives in Ipswich?

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Different crankset on the bike now. It isn't playing all that nicely - but with some front derailleur adjustments it is better than it was. Chain wants to jump a little bit under load from my first quick little runs with it, admittedly, around the yard only. It is 53/39 as my previous SRAM S900 was.

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:58 pm

[quote="g-boaf"]

Different crankset on the bike now. It isn't playing all that nicely - but with some front derailleur adjustments it is better than it was. Chain wants to jump a little bit under load from my first quick little runs with it, admittedly, around the yard only. It is 53/39 as my previous SRAM S900 was.[/quote

G-boaf what was your thought process around P5 over P3, and how you you finding the Magura's and not having shifters on the brake levers? Currently tossing up which way to go!

Le Mong

Postby Le Mong » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Base bar UCI legal Boaf?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:15 pm

I do have shifters on the brake levers - it was a custom modification of a Shimano DI2 climbing switch that has been pulled apart and repurposed. It works fine, but the little switches on each side are very sensitive. It is easy to press them by accident until you get used to it. They are very unobtrusive though and quickly become second nature to use. Compared with how Garmin-Sharp (Slipstream) did their ones, this setup is much nicer. You are in Adelaide though, the people who organised this are in Sydney so that might be difficult if you want this option.

If you aren't going that option, you'll be having to persist with a particular gear on a climb grabbing a gear from the aero bar switches, that might be awkward depending on when you need to do that.

The other way is to get the Shimano Di2 climbing switch and "epoxy" the switch to the right side handlebar. The switch won't have a cable quite long enough, so you'll probably need to get another junction box and another Di2 cable to connect them to the five port junction box. If you want, I can take the aehttp://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/index.phprobars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; off and get some photos of how that bit is done, because mine also has the same cable extension method.

One thing to be aware of with any brakes on this frame, if you need to change brake pads, it is a major job on the rear brakes.

The P3 I haven't ridden, though I did ride with someone a while back who did have one and he seemed happy with it. I got this p5 frameset at a killer price, so there was no other option. Because it was an overseas purchase from Spain via Colorado, a bit of improvising to work out the fit was needed, really just to determine if I should go 51cm or 54cm. The 51 would have had the seat post too high. Once it got here, it was just a matter of getting the extra parts needed and then putting it together along with about 1 hour spent checking the fit and doing a few tweaks to that.

Another way might be making an S5 into a TT bike. I have seen that done before. Slipstreamsports did that.

Le Mong: I think they are, but don't quote me.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:56 pm

Carrots wrote:
g-boaf wrote:
Different crankset on the bike now. It isn't playing all that nicely - but with some front derailleur adjustments it is better than it was. Chain wants to jump a little bit under load from my first quick little runs with it, admittedly, around the yard only. It is 53/39 as my previous SRAM S900 was.
G-boaf what was your thought process around P5 over P3, and how you you finding the Magura's and not having shifters on the brake levers? Currently tossing up which way to go!
[/quote]

And this is how it looks:

It is just a very small, tiny button, one on the right end of the base bar, and the other on the left end of the base bar. Press the left one to move the RD left, press the right one to move the RD right. It is not really obvious either.

Le Mong

Postby Le Mong » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Love hack mods :)

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:43 pm

i'm just off to drill a hole in my saddle after seeing g-boaf's rig :D
(sans racing wheels)

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Boom! Jules joins the arms race with a nuclear warhead of his own! 8)

Will that addition I expect we will se you around at the TT's this winter?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:37 pm

dalai47 wrote:Will that addition I expect we will se you around at the TT's this winter?
i would love to dalai - is Blackburn organising many? i know the Donna one was cancelled and I can't see any others in your club calendar.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Best source for TT details is gplama's blog list - http://gplama.blogspot.com.au/p/time-tr ... rials.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I understand BBN is still working on a different location till the Boulie issue is resolved.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:50 pm

nice one. Carribbean Gardens would be a good venue. i'll be in Warny next weekend.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:39 pm

jules21 wrote:nice one. Carribbean Gardens would be a good venue. i'll be in Warny next weekend.
Best of luck. I would like to race that Tour one day, so looking forward to your report.

nitestick

Postby nitestick » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:20 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUcB2 ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's nothing special but I built this a couple of months back. Frameset came in a trade for a Rotor crankset, with seatpost and saddle. Wheels were take offs from my TCR as well as most of the groupset. All up I spent about $300 out of pocket to build this. I've since tweaked the cockpit for more drop and greater reach.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:11 am

Looks good nitestick. Reality the rider accounts for 70-80% of the total drag, so if you can get a good aero position on this bike you will be fast. :wink:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:07 am

jules21 wrote:i'm just off to drill a hole in my saddle after seeing g-boaf's rig :D
(sans racing wheels)

Haha! :lol: Very nice bike - welcome to the nuclear arms race. 8) As for mine, it is actually pretty heavy. But that's how these things are. Little bit of extra weight more than compensated by the aero advantage.

Is it just me, or is your saddle really high? :shock:

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:16 am

This is a bit of a throw back to yesteryear.

The bike is a 1985 Raleigh Team Panasonic (as used in the TdF between 1984 and 1986). However this has been dressed up as a period TT bike from the late 80s. Just included, I am told, a HED disc wheel from the late 80s, a FIR Quasar front wheel and coupled with a set of clip on U-shaped Velocity aero bars. It even has a period Vittorio Corsa Squadra Prof tubular tyre on the front wheel! Which I was assured by my LBS is safe to ride on even though it is about 25 years old. Wear on the thread indicates it has hardly been used. With all the new equipment, the bikes gotten rather heavy, I'd venture to say a considerable 11 kg as opposed to 9.8kg.

Am quite new to ITT and never used aero tech before so all very new to me. Hate climbing with it but on the flat it really goes esp once over 40kmph. Did my first ITT at Calga last weekend, just outside of Sydney. This is a 25km course. Course notouriosly undulating, but managed to do a respectable 45 mins. Only had about 15 mins practice on aero bars prior to this effort. Believe I can bring this down to about 42mins once I get acquainted with the terrain.

... 15km short of a cardiac arrest ...

KGB

Postby KGB » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Derp. Ignore, can't get pic to load.

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:15 pm

This appears to be an old thread.

Pictured is my Timetrial/Tri bike which i had a great time with. However, it hadn't been in much use and ill be selling it shortly and will post it in The Market Place on this forum soon.

Cheers

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:21 pm

NOS c. 1988/9 Rossin Crono TT bike with smaller 650 front wheel - not UCI legal anymore. However can be raced at official TT events but not UCI sanctioned ones.
Frame bought as NOS last year. Built up with period correct parts.

... 15km short of a cardiac arrest ...

Gunlock

Postby Gunlock » Sat May 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Need to get rid of a spacer or two to fix my arching back. Could also do with longer extensions, judging by how far up my forearms the pads are.

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:34 pm

New tri whip...

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:37 pm

What is on the top tube?

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Tool box. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:39 pm

ft_critical wrote:What is on the top tube?
Bento box I believe they call them. I could do with one on my Cervelo. Aside from using a large XLabs saddle bag, there is nowhere to keep anything on it, except for in your jersey/jacket pockets.