Post your time trial bike pics

Individual and Team TT

Re: Post your time trial bike pics

Postby Chookman » Thu May 08, 2014 3:35 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Here it is ... One of the cheapest TT bikes around :-) .
Still fiddling with position... With the new rule for us really tall guys it is now legal!. Few things could make it faster but for now it will do. Probably run a shallower power tap wheel for the moment though.

TLL, all my fastest times at Calga were done on a PX stealth! Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but still a decent rig!
Chookman

by BNA » Thu May 08, 2014 4:02 pm

BNA

Postby toolonglegs » Thu May 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Yeah I remember you mentioning you used to have one. I wasn't going to bother this year as I will be guiding up till the 2nd week of September which means I miss the start of the TT season. But in the end the price was too hard to refuse, it was the only frame with 60% off, probably because there was no matching fork. Whole bike wouldn't owe me much more the Au $1000 ... pretty happy with that!.
Considering what I was TT'ing on before the differences are pretty big :lol: . Got a pretty good position already, back is nice and flat ... be interesting to see how much power I can hold on Saturday's first real outing. Only 9kms ... but will be after a couple of pretty tough stages tomorrow night and Saturday morning.
toolonglegs

Postby dalai47 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:14 pm

Chookman wrote:Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but still a decent rig!

Was good enough for cuddles! :wink: As long as you get your position sorted which it sounds like you have tll, you will fly!
dalai47

Postby __PG__ » Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Yep. Body position is everything. The amount of drag saved by the frame itself is two bits of sweet f*** all.
1994 Cecil Walker custom steel frame with Shimano Ultegra STi
2013 Baum Corretto custom titanium frame with SRAM Force
__PG__

Postby g-boaf » Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 am

toolonglegs wrote:Here it is ... One of the cheapest TT bikes around :-) .
Still fiddling with position... With the new rule for us really tall guys it is now legal!. Few things could make it faster but for now it will do. Probably run a shallower power tap wheel for the moment though.

That's very nice. :)
g-boaf

Postby ray » Mon May 19, 2014 2:51 pm

^^^

I think it works well with the blue :) It reminds me of papa smurf.
ray

Postby toolonglegs » Mon May 19, 2014 3:02 pm

I wonder if Papa Smurf would aprove of the pretty pattern on the inside of the fork :lol: .
It's first TT wasn't very succesful... post slipped 3 cms ( torqued correctly ), the road was really rough for a TT.
Unfortunately it will now not have a chance to be raced until September!.
Gives me time to improve... and boy I need to!.
toolonglegs

Postby g-boaf » Tue May 20, 2014 11:52 am

I went and had a look at their site - like the black Ultegra equipped bike. :)
g-boaf

Postby MDL » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Since I have a TT bike now, and not a TCR with clipons, maybe worthy of posting in here. Finish the work and i'll put a pic up of the new (2nd ride)

MDL
MDL

Postby TonyB » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:02 am

Hi all,

After lurking for a while I have just joined BNA and thought I would do my first post on my old TT bike, it is a Kuwahara Triathlon with Profile Bull Horns and Dave Scott aero bars. I still use this bike to do some training on and to do local Vets club TT’s and I always enjoy riding the it.

I brought this bike second hand in the early 90’s it had been ridden only 900k and was in new condition, I then started to do triathlons and used it to commute, I trained mostly at lunchtime with a long Sunday ride, I eventually put on some aero bars which improved my TT times a lot.

The bike uses Tange 2 tubing and has Shimano 600 componentry, I still use the original 52t BioPace chain ring, I replaced the original 42t ring with a 39t ring, the wheels I now use for TT’s are 10 speed Ksyrium Elite off my Giant, though I only use a 7 speed cassette. Unfortunately I have not looked after this bike as well as I should have and the paint work is a bit knocked around these days, I am considering having it repainted but first I will have to get some decals made.

I was average at Tri’s, hopeless at swimming, OK at running, by far my strongest leg was on the bike, after a couple of years of triathlons, the pressures of training for tri’s, a busy job and young family got to me and I got a couple of mates together and I started to do team tri’s and some local TT’s. In my team mates we had a good swimmer and a good runner and we had quite good success winning a few local club level team tri’s, one season we won the team section of the Australian short course championship and the teams short course Sri Chinmoy in Canberra in its heyday. Back then on this bike I could ride 40k in around an hour and in the 20k TT’s I could average a bit quicker. I eventually got sacked from the team for a much better rider and they won the Long course Sri Chinmoy team Tri.

Two weeks ago while riding this bike on a training ride I felt good and pushed it along a local popular Strava segment and managed an equal 7th fastest time, with an average of 47.8 Kph, (1.3k, 515 riders, 3132 attempts) I am 2 seconds behind the leader, I also have one KOM on the bike, a 1.5k rolling hills segment, average 33.9k, 1.6kph faster than I can manage on my CF Giant roadie race bike.

Tony
TonyB

Postby lunar_c » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 am

Nice bike man. I've thought about building something similar. Thanks for sharing your story.
lunar_c

Previous

Return to Time Trial