My First Race (20 km Time Trial)

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Hello All,

Well I finally bit the buttet and decided to complete my first event which was a 20 km time trial.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/189667254

My question is regarding the average time versus average moving time. There seems to be quite a difference between them. Which of these times should I be using?

The course is 4 laps. The official did not know my exact time because I didn't stay left of the witches hats on my last lap. :oops:

Chookman

Re: My First Race (20 km Time Trial)

Postby Chookman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Moving time is exactly what it says. The variance would indicate you started the timer before you started or failed to stop it after finishing your TT. I'd go with the moving time as your race time.

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks Cookman. I thought that may be the case.

Brenchen

Postby Brenchen » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Awesome! I'm thinking of trying out my first time trial next season. May I ask how did you get the courage and the ways to jump in? I'm a bit hesitant as I've never raced before. What grade were you racing?
Brendan

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Just jump in mate - you'll love it.
Most TT clubs are a friendly bunch and you're racing yourself, no one else.
Just remember to stay left and you'll be fine.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:23 am

Brenchen wrote:Awesome! I'm thinking of trying out my first time trial next season. May I ask how did you get the courage and the ways to jump in? I'm a bit hesitant as I've never raced before. What grade were you racing?
Just saw your reply to my original post.

This was my first ever race. And it was a lot of fun. If I had more time I would enter many more. The best thing about it is that it gave me a benchmark to start from and to see how I fair against others.

I rang the club captain of the penrith cycling club and he advised me to just come down, sign up and have a go.

I don't have a TT bike or even TT bars so don't let that stop you.

I don't race any grade. I do train about 200km a week and wanted to see how I would go. You will need a license. You can get it online from the cycling nsw website. Good luck.

vander

Postby vander » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Hanibal wrote:
Just saw your reply to my original post.

This was my first ever race. And it was a lot of fun. If I had more time I would enter many more. The best thing about it is that it gave me a benchmark to start from and to see how I fair against others.

I rang the club captain of the penrith cycling club and he advised me to just come down, sign up and have a go.

I don't have a TT bike or even TT bars so don't let that stop you.

I don't race any grade. I do train about 200km a week and wanted to see how I would go. You will need a license. You can get it online from the cycling nsw website. Good luck.
If you like TTs in sydney these guys are your friends. http://63.247.141.188/~atta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;