Re: Finally done a ITT!

Postby MarkG » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Awesome write up tll!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Cheers Mark :D .
Someone passed me a photo of when I crossed the finish line yesterday at the bottom of the climb...not a pretty sight :lol: .
I will never look small on a bike!!!... ever!!!!!... Sitting at 93kgs at the moment, need to get that back on track. 85 was the goal and maybe lighter.
But I am happy where my position is... head looks nearly out of the way!...and I have already crossed the line so might be starting to sit up a bit.

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:30 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Cheers thearthurdog, yes 100 % agree on improving my flexibility. I am recovering still from a long term back / hip flexor problem but still have a long way to go.
Yes getting to 5 sec behind the BB will change my position a lot... but the arms are at 80cms already so will need to work with that ( knees are already taping elbows, but not badly ).
Saddle is a breakaway... I dont like it so much when on my roadie, too wide for big thigh muscles!....but in tt position in is heaven.
I've got my arm rests a little wide which lets me sneak my knees between my arms a little, which works really well for me. I actually find breathing a little easier with the width. I still keep my hands and forearms nice and close.

I'm surpisrised you don't have the ISM seat on both bikes. The ISM people would say that if your thighs are rubing there is a set up issue.
FACTOR One
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite
http://drpcoaching.blogspot.com.au

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Not too shabby on the end result still. And got to love the box of goodies!

Man, have a long way to go to match your position, by comparison I look to be on a stair master!
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 am

Yeah getting there... finished in 29 scratch finally. Taking a minute off that time would have me in the top 10. Hopefully doable next year as I still have a lot of improvements to find.
thearthurdog, I tried the ISM saddle on my roadie but didn't like it that much... position is so different that my normal saddle is fine.But sitting on the nose on the tt bike it definately works.
Might be roped into a 5 man tt weekend after next... will wait and see.

BillR

Postby BillR » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:03 am

Great read tll!

cheers
Bill