Did yer have far to come?

mikedufty

Re: Did yer have far to come?

Postby mikedufty » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Averaged under 10km/h for a 9km ride on the weekend. Excuse is I was riding alongside my five year old son on the way out, and towing him on the way back, and we had to wait for my 3 year old on the other bike (towed behind my wife's).

Commuting for me is 12.5km each way, a bit more since they started building the Perth arena thing. A nice distance for daily commuting for me. I used to live 5km from work which was a bit too short. Before that it was 25km which was good exercise but I didn't keep it up every day. At the moment I ride pretty much every day unless its raining when its time to leave home, or I need to exercise my motorbike (needs to be ridden every 2 weeks or so to start well).

3rdKogCruiser

Postby 3rdKogCruiser » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:56 am

Work: 11km, 1/4 along the Torrens going into the city, all on the road if coming out at night. FT = ~25min.
Uni: 20 km, utilising Tapleys Hill Rd bike path for about 3km, then all on road. FT =~45 min there, 40 min return.
- Ciao; 3rd Kog.("I'm not racing, just trying to catch the dude up ahead")
Now: Avanti Monza (to keep up with Pinarello riders), Shogun Metro (+ tag-along)
B4: Phillips Multi-track (really bad, but got me back into riding)

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Anywhere from 50 - 70kms per day depending on weather and energy.

tcurtbike

Postby tcurtbike » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Some big distances covered here! I ride about 12km one way, but I do try to vary it, so it's anything up to 20k's. My usual route covers a bit of everything, a 5km flat stretch along the coast I like to timetrial and a couple of slight hills. I average around 20 - 25mins for the 12km route.

docboat

Postby docboat » Tue May 05, 2009 12:50 pm

22k each way - Bibra Lake to CBD.

Broaders

Postby Broaders » Mon May 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Only 7kms each way (Ultimo to Nth Sydney) but I'm starting to expand it out when I get the time (ie, when my little one lets me get some sleep!). Doing it 4 times a week plus trying to get a longer ride in each weekend around soccer/family commitments.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sat May 16, 2009 2:01 am

Whew -did the whole distance to work today - 17km which took 1 hour 40 minutes incl my short coffee break at Sassy On the Swan.

I'd done it a coupla times going home. But going to work means I have to leave in the dark and at the end I have bit of a sniffle. And I have to keep stopping to take my hoody off 'cos it gerts to warm. And then I have to stop a little later again because it is then too cold!

I don't think I'll make a habit of it.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Pax

Postby Pax » Sat May 16, 2009 9:10 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:Whew -did the whole distance to work today - .
On the Uni :?: Fantastic, but yep that absence of a training wheel does appear to slow you down a tad :P :lol: