So here is my first Top Ten - Things that P!ss me off when commuting.
- 1. Pot-holed roads. Why doesn't each respective council get their arse into gear and fix pot-holes? I've just destroyed a rim due to a pot hole I hit whilst commuting to work. 5am and tired eyes don't work well together.
2. Street Sweepers. Do they really exist? I've heard of them, think I may have even spotted one on a foggy morn', but they never seem to be where we most need them.....on the damn M5.
3. Drivers not stopping at red lights. This !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!'s me to tears, basically because all I ever hear from car drivers when they are complaining about cyclists is how WE don't stop at red lights. LOOK IN THE MIRROR MORON.
4. Cyclists not stopping at red lights. Read the above point then try to argue.
5. Drivers failing to indicate, 'specially at roundabouts. Right-hand turners are bad, but those going left really !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! me. I go to all the trouble to stop, and they turn left leaving me sitting there like a bumb on a log.
6. Close passers. Let's see how close we can get to the cyclist in our car. 12" good enough? Give me a break. Move over please.
7. Horn-blowers. Had one of these today, which is what prompted this thread (along with point #10). A big break down lane. Plenty of room, but still this scrubber in a VP Commodore felt the need to blast her horn as she past with-in 2 feet of me. Scared the be-jesus outa me, I tell ya. I sooooo wish I could have caught up to her again.
8. Cyclists with no helmet, on the wrong side of the road, at dusk, with no lights, and wearing all black outfits. Do you want to live? Is there any hint of common sense in that skull of yours?
9. Impatient drivers, specifically P-Platers. Why cut me off to save yourself 5 seconds? Really, what do you gain? I get to mouth off, you look stupid. Who wins?
And the winner is...........
10. Dumb bimbo's in black Astra's too busy chatting on their mobile phone to bother stopping and looking at roundabouts. Was so close to being cleaned up today, it doesn't bear thinking about. Luckily I spotted her failing to stop in the nick of time, and managed to avoid a collision. Gave her a good gobful though. She quickly dropped the phone in a panic and then just stared at me as I swore as-nausium about her lack of driving skills.
My rant is over for the night. Maybe too many bourbons before posting, but who cares.
Take care out there people.