Heidelberg Road riders - please help me!

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

Heidelberg Road riders - please help me!

Postby anth73 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm

I've written to Yarra and Banyule Councils respectively about two black spots I'm hoping to have addressed:

1. Citybound bicycle lane outside the Amcore paper mill is often cut into by cars wanting to hoon up the left-most lane. I've asked Yarra Council to highlight the bicycle lane with the flouro green road surface to hopefuly make the bike lane stand out more. It's where the dotted line denoting the bicycle lane becomes a solid line...not that it seems to matter at present.

2. Up the Heidelberg Road hill from Darebin Station to the junction with Lower and Upper Heidelberg Roads is very dangerous due to the speed difference between cyclists ascending the hill (15 - 20kph) and cars travelling at 60kph on quite a narrow carriageway. I've asked Banyule Council to consider narrowing the very wide footpath to accommodate an on-road bicycle lane, or denote a dedicated on-footpath and one-way bicycle lane for use between 4pm and 7pm to coincide with the Clearway time.

If you think either or both of these suggested improvements would make your commute on Heidleberg Road safer please respond via this forum and I'll make sure both Councils are made aware.

Thanks! :D
Facebook: Banyule Cycling Club
Twitter: @BanyuleCC
anth73

by BNA » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:27 pm

BNA

Re: Heidelberg Road riders - please help me!

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Locked. Please do not create duplicate topics
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to Commuting