Now I've seen it all

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Now I've seen it all

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Wednesday morning at North Strathfield, Sydney, I go thru a roundabout and a woman in a 4WD drives it straight over the top of the roundabout to overtake me :shock: then travels 30mtrs turns right and parks
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Colin_T

Re: Now I've seen it all

Postby Colin_T » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am

LOL :)
There’s a few idiots like that around here too. There is one guy who drives an old 4wd around here at night. He regularly does an illegal left turn into a particular one way street, then drives down it the wrong way without his lights on. As he gets to the end of the street he turns left and drives over the median strip knocking down all the keep left signs.
If I ever get his number plate I'm handing it over to the fuzz. The guy's a nob and sounds very much like the woman who drives over roundabouts in the above thread. One of the few good things our local council has done is put some big ol trees in the middle of roundabouts to stop this happening :)
Kicked a black cat? Sounds more like ran over one, backed over it, hunted down its mother and did the same.

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:07 am

mikesbytes wrote:Wednesday morning at North Strathfield, Sydney, I go thru a roundabout and a woman in a 4WD drives it straight over the top of the roundabout to overtake me :shock: then travels 30mtrs turns right and parks
Are you sure it wasn't Lewis Hamilton ?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:18 am

I met Lewis Hamilton on Wednesday, she was bigger

Fletcher

Postby Fletcher » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:10 am

mikesbytes wrote:Wednesday morning at North Strathfield, Sydney, I go thru a roundabout and a woman in a 4WD drives it straight over the top of the roundabout to overtake me :shock: then travels 30mtrs turns right and parks
:shock: and :shock:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:12 am

:roll: :x I still think we should be able to carry caltrops for peoples like these.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm

One of these days I'm going to get a video camera, would of looked great on youtube

Fletcher

Postby Fletcher » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Mulger bill wrote::roll: :x I still think we should be able to carry caltrops for peoples like these.

Shaun

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some wounded, begrudging pedallers have burned some midnight oil in the shed, improvised and done exactly that, MB.

Edit: I originally spelled it peddlers, and I hate spelling things incorrectly. I worked with librarians for years, you see.

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:47 pm

Now you know why you need a 4WD in the City.

Sounds like George St, North Strathfield. You may have had the temerity to hold up one of the stage mothers picking up their darlings! That said, in their defense, if it is where I think, there is not much road to work with in that area!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi

That is priceless :roll:

Andrew

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Don't take it too personal. The urgency was to beat off other motorists for that valuable parking spot.

Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:50 pm

goneriding wrote:Now you know why you need a 4WD in the City.

Sounds like George St, North Strathfield. You may have had the temerity to hold up one of the stage mothers picking up their darlings! That said, in their defense, if it is where I think, there is not much road to work with in that area!
Almost 100% correct, except it was in the morning, so if there was an ankle biter in the car it was being dropped off

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:33 am

Pop in and make a complaint to the NRMA :shock: . Their offices are there and I am sure they'd like to be made aware of poor motoring behaviour!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:38 pm

It was probably a good time to use one of those one liners, for example

"If you had killed me, would you have paid for my children's education"

But I just decided to let it go

Spork!

Postby Spork! » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Could be worse - she could have turned left...

collect:emit

Postby collect:emit » Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Like the Nob in the Black Jeep !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!-mobile with the 21'' crhome mags that has tried to run me over twice in Atwell (Perth). After a week I caught up with the car and recieved an earful for being on the road.........euthanasia should be legal in these circumstances, remove her (yes, her) from the genepool before she breeds.
Malvern Star OPPY Bol D'or 09 [url] http://www.thelegendisback.com.au/url]
Haro Flightline 1
Wish List - Matching Oppy Jersey and arm warmers (Hint MS, HINT!)

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue May 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Hi

That is priceless :roll:

Andrew
I had a ute go over double solids and speed past me to get to a roundabout before me. Almost ran me off the road. He didn't like it when I indicated that there is only one lane there. He stopped, got out, gave me an earful and had a right hissy fit before driving ~20 metres up the road to his house. I smiled smugly and waved at him as I rode past - I pointed two fingers at my eyes and then one at him and then one to God. Goose.

David

elStado

Postby elStado » Wed May 05, 2010 11:42 pm

I've been overtaken in while inside a single lane round-about. No idea how as I was doing around 30km.

I've been cut off many times in round abouts by distracted housewives with kids in the back.

Lucky I wasn't riding a moto (AT) 60km, otherwise I would probably be dead by now. :shock:

Had a guy tail me for ages as I was going up a crest, I was about 10m from my house's drive way, put my arm out to signal I was turning into my drive-way, driver thought I was signalling him to go around me. Was nearly run down by accident for doing the right thing..! I swear I have to get some sort of indicator lights as that seems to be the only way drivers understand signalling.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

MiG

Postby MiG » Fri May 07, 2010 11:34 pm

I see a funny side to that.
Just like today when I was at a red light for some time on the motorbike and a taxi came and lane split between me and the car in the next lane! Big Say What but sort of funny too.