Why don't ladies commute?

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

Re: Why don't ladies commute?

Postby fab at forty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 pm

i'm another commuting laydee - agree its quicker (and nicer) to ride than take public transport, even factoring in taking the kids to school and picking them up again.

I'm a bit hardcore though and will ride come hell or high water (although luckily missed the hail stones a couple of years ago) and would still rather be drenched to the bone and dodging lightening than getting the train. I love it that there's so much space in the bike racks at work in winter (and secretly smug at all the blokes who are fairweather riders only.....)

I have to admit though, the longer i've commuted the less time i spend doing hair and make up and can't remember the last time i blow dried my hair or wore it down.

So. It's all about attitude in my opinion!
fab at forty

by BNA » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:38 pm

BNA

Postby marinmomma » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:38 pm

marinmomma wrote:As I only work 5km's from my home it's not really worth my while to gear up, ride through terrible traffic (for Brisbanites, up the length of Newnman Rd :shock: ) shower and change before work...I also have a storage issue with where to keep my bike for the day....then repeat the process at the end of the day....not too mention that i have a teenager to either drop off at her school bus before or after work....

I probably would if I worked in the city, had better bike storage and didn't have a teenager to transport to school as I'd find it a good way to start my day and a great de-stresser for the end of a day....

Quoting my own post here as an up-date on my situation.....

I now commute to work using my bike....I now work in at South Brisbane, have great bike storage and a locker to stash my gear and my teenager is now driving...and love starting and ending my day with a ride!

And to celebrate I bought a new bike to use just for commuting :D
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby Lizzy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:51 pm

fab at forty wrote:I have to admit though, the longer i've commuted the less time i spend doing hair and make up and can't remember the last time i blow dried my hair or wore it down.

:oops: Ahyup, that'll be me, rocking the sub-10-second twist / clip move, still damp at 3pm ...
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; “Bluey”: 2006 Trek 7.0FX
Lizzy

Postby cp123 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 pm

towel dry - quick comb, pony tail, hair still wet at hometime.

repeat daily x 5. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cp123

Previous

Return to Commuting