Watch out for median strip on Kent St

cachexian

Watch out for median strip on Kent St

Postby cachexian » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 pm

For those who regularly commute across the Sydney Harbour Bridge you probably already know about the new cycle lane down Kent St. There is a hazard where the cycle lane starts at the bottom of the hill coming down from the footbridge over the Cahill Expressway.

Riding home a few weekends ago I came around the corner and got a surprise because the new cycle lane is where the road used to be. When I saw the green paint I started moving over to the left.I unfortunately didn't see the median strip that divides the cycle lane from the footpath. Bang, crash over the handlebars etc. Actually the colour of the median strip doesn't contrast very much with the adjacent cycle lane.

Luckily I was not seriously hurt and the bike's ok. Also, thanks very much to the nice cyclist in the purple jersey who turned back when he heard the noise of the crash. It's nice to know that people do have concern for strangers in the city.

Anyway, in case anyone is as silly as me, watch out and go slow until you know where the new lane is.

Cachexian.
Scott Sub 40 with 200W, 36v Ezee geared front hub motor
and...
Trek Madonne 3.1 driven by left leg and right leg

cachexian

Re: Watch out for median strip on Kent St

Postby cachexian » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Can't work out how to upload the image. Sorry.
Scott Sub 40 with 200W, 36v Ezee geared front hub motor
and...
Trek Madonne 3.1 driven by left leg and right leg