blossy84

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Postby blossy84 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Good luck!
i love my bike(s)

master6

Postby master6 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:21 pm

I dont have a job, and nowhere to commute to.

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:07 pm

:( Well, that's put my kvetching into some perspective, master6. Hope that situation improves for you soon.
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Lizzy wrote::( Well, that's put my kvetching into some perspective, master6. Hope that situation improves for you soon.
Sorry Lizzy, I have misled you. I am retired. Relying on you to keep the country running :)

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Baaahhh! :lol: :P Ah well, it's food for thought nonetheless :)
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

polishbiker

Postby polishbiker » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:02 pm

2 reasons for me:

when i am oncall and need to pick up a laptop from work - once every 5 weeks
when the weather is quite bad

other than that i ride to work 5 days a week.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:01 pm

When I have to start at a different store and then get to the main office in a reasonable amount of time ie not 1hr but 30mins.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:18 pm

I didn’t ride today because I failed to set my alarm. So I woke with a start, got ready and drove to work. It wasn’t until I was clocking on that I realised that I was over an hour early for work :oops: (It only takes me about 15 minutes to get there). No wonder my wife was giving me a funny look this morning
2012 Oppy A4

Max

The "Excuses" Thread

Postby Max » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:30 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:I didn’t ride today because I failed to set my alarm. So I woke with a start, got ready and drove to work. It wasn’t until I was clocking on that I realised that I was over an hour early for work :oops: (It only takes me about 15 minutes to get there). No wonder my wife was giving me a funny look this morning
:lol:

Max

----------
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. All typos are Auto-Correct's fault, not mine ;)
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Thursday I sooked out because my back was REALLY tight - going up to 40-45km a day from 18km has been tough, and then I had a virtual physical meltdown on Friday - trip to Chiropractor in the morning from a misalignment causing my rib to stop me breathing comfortably, came down with the flu and had incredible heartburn as well. Today I'm just sitting here doing nothing trying to recover :P

Trepidious

Postby Trepidious » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Had a good one on Thursday. Had a chap pass by when we were stopped at the lights which was done a little on the brash side, not enough to make an issue out of it but enough to make me determined to stay/pass him.

I tagged onto the back, realised he was on some pretty decent equipment. No problems, I can handle that - my commute is only short so I've passed more expensive bikes than that.

I look a bit closer, the bloke's got some well-developed calf muscles. I'm starting to have second thoughts about passing him at this stage, he wasn't really pushing the pace but it was a reasonable speed.

I look a bit closer again and caught sight of a tattoo on the inside of arm - olympic rings. Wasn't close enough to tell if it was a temporary tattoo but I was pretty sure by this stage it wasn't :lol: . I sat back and tried to keep with the rider through the hills before my turn-off. My pride didn't take too much of a beating, I kept an even distance behind him but I got the distinct impression he was cruising whilst I was coughing a lung up...

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:34 pm

The GLW decreed that the conditions (Heavy if patchy rain, lightning, hail and stuff) mader riding an unsafe proposition.
She enforced this decree by not waking me from my pre nightshift nap until 20" after the time I would have had to leave.

I don't mind the wet. :(
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:41 am

I went to Christmas breakfast at a friends house. Christmas lunch at my sisters house. Christmas dinner at my brothers house on the Gold Coast. Drove back... nearly fell asleep. :( I woke up at ride o'clock, thought about it... and went back to sleep. :roll:

osrg

The "Excuses" Thread

Postby osrg » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:04 am

Didn't ride this morning...... Pretty much along the same lines as Comedian. The other part of the excuse is having to do the same route as Xmas morning....... What's wrong with that I hear you ask? Well yesterday roughly 8klms into the 35km ride at about 5.15am I was greeted by Santa out the front of a house........ Wearing nothing but a Santa hat and ringing a Cowbell!!!!

Still trying to remove the image from the memory!

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 pm

I think I've broken my hand :(

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:45 am

stinhambo wrote:I think I've broken my hand :(
Change hands........you might even gain a stroke...... :D

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:02 am

ate too many indt balls for breakfast yesterday and then felt sick.... decided to stay on the couch all day to recover :D
Newbie to the cycling world.
2011 Giant TCR Advanced W
http://www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

PB12IN

Postby PB12IN » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Page 1, Dec 14 2010
Comedian wrote:I don't have excuses because I commute virtually every day. I'm just putting this up as a subscription so I can see when you slackers phone in with a note from Mummy!
Page 16, Dec 26 2011
Comedian wrote:I went to Christmas breakfast at a friends house. Christmas lunch at my sisters house. Christmas dinner at my brothers house on the Gold Coast. Drove back... nearly fell asleep. :( I woke up at ride o'clock, thought about it... and went back to sleep. :roll:
How a year changes things :mrgreen:

btw, my normal excuse is that my little girl kept me up till 3 hours before the alam went off, so i was to tired to ride to work, not bad when i only work 2 days a week.

and my rear wheel on the flat bar is out of true and cant seem to straighten. and i'm not parking my road bike at southport, good by bike in less than 20 mins.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 pm

I smokeboxed to work today :oops:

Really hot and humid this morning. By the time I got home from my 0730 leg stretcher I was chafed to biggery and curash almost totally failed to do its magic.
Me leather saddle was more than a little damp too. :o
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:32 pm

master6 wrote:
stinhambo wrote:I think I've broken my hand :(
Change hands........you might even gain a stroke...... :D
Profit!

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Looks like I just busted some small finger ligaments and it doesn't hurt to rest on the bars! So it's time for me to buy some lights and bike shoes and start busting some kms and get fit!

Comedian

The "Excuses" Thread

Postby Comedian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:27 pm

PB12IN wrote:Page 1, Dec 14 2010
Comedian wrote:I don't have excuses because I commute virtually every day. I'm just putting this up as a subscription so I can see when you slackers phone in with a note from Mummy!
Page 16, Dec 26 2011
Comedian wrote:I went to Christmas breakfast at a friends house. Christmas lunch at my sisters house. Christmas dinner at my brothers house on the Gold Coast. Drove back... nearly fell asleep. :( I woke up at ride o'clock, thought about it... and went back to sleep. :roll:

btw, my normal excuse is that my little girl kept me up till 3 hours before the alam went off, so i was to tired to ride to work, not bad when i only work 2 days a week.

and my rear wheel on the flat bar is out of true and cant seem to straighten. and i'm not parking my road bike at southport, good by bike in less than 20 mins.
hey... Cut me some slack here... I rode over 12,000k between those comments. :mrgreen:

blossy84

Re: The

Postby blossy84 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Comedian wrote:
PB12IN wrote:Page 1, Dec 14 2010
Page 16, Dec 26 2011

hey... Cut me some slack here... I rode over 12,000k between those comments. :mrgreen:
BUSTED :P :mrgreen:
i love my bike(s)

blossy84

Postby blossy84 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 pm

I couldn't ride today because I had an appointment after work. It wouldn't have been a problem getting there, but I had to get back home and then to my netball game within 40 min of the appointment finishing. That wasn't going to happen, so I drove instead. Turns out appt finished 50 mins earlier than expected so I could have rode after all.

I missed my bike :(
i love my bike(s)

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:17 am

blossy84 wrote:I couldn't ride today because I had an appointment after work. It wouldn't have been a problem getting there, but I had to get back home and then to my netball game within 40 min of the appointment finishing. That wasn't going to happen, so I drove instead. Turns out appt finished 50 mins earlier than expected so I could have rode after all.

I missed my bike :(
But as they say in the classics erin, it's the thought that counts....