Page 2 of 36

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:20 am
by hannos
pics or it never happened

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:22 am
by Missy24
Of the accident? Yeah... cause when I was flying through the air and just before I made contact with the ground I totally had time to whip out my Iphone and take some happy snaps

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:36 am
by hannos
Being an iPhone, i thought it would have done that by itself!
:)

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am
by goneriding
hannos wrote:Being an iPhone, i thought it would have done that by itself!
:)


You forgot to add that, being an iPhone, it would have realised that the pics, being cycling related, needed to be uploaded to BNA with Missy's usual witticisms attached. In addition it would have kept an eye on the thread and responded to comments made. This assumes, of course, that Steve Jobs sees interacting with BNA as being an acceptable activity for such a fine device :twisted:

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:02 am
by hannos
goneriding wrote:
hannos wrote:Being an iPhone, i thought it would have done that by itself!
:)


You forgot to add that, being an iPhone, it would have realised that the pics, being cycling related, needed to be uploaded to BNA with Missy's usual witticisms attached. In addition it would have kept an eye on the thread and responded to comments made. This assumes, of course, that Steve Jobs sees interacting with BNA as being an acceptable activity for such a fine device :twisted:



Ah how silly of me. Being an HTC Desire HD user, I hadn't thought of all that!

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 am
by silkishuge
Missy24 wrote:Of the accident? Yeah... cause when I was flying through the air and just before I made contact with the ground I totally had time to whip out my Iphone and take some happy snaps


Glad to hear that you are alright after that stack. Hope the bike and body are alright....... wasn't with the Zipps I hope....
J

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 am
by Missy24
silkishuge wrote:
Missy24 wrote:Of the accident? Yeah... cause when I was flying through the air and just before I made contact with the ground I totally had time to whip out my Iphone and take some happy snaps


Glad to hear that you are alright after that stack. Hope the bike and body are alright....... wasn't with the Zipps I hope....
J


The zipps took most of it.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:23 pm
by goneriding
Missy24 wrote:The zipps took most of it.


Therefore Zipps = dead? RIP Zipps!

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:07 pm
by mikesbytes
I was working from home and decided to add a couple of K to the zero K journey. I put my gear on but by the time I got out the front door it was raining, so I did a lap of the lounge room and went back to bed with my laptop

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:27 pm
by casual_cyclist
Max wrote:So let's hear it folks, what kept you off the bike today?

I'm sick and finding it very hard to exercise with a chest infection.
No ironed clothes at work.
Slept in.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm
by Missy24
goneriding wrote:
Missy24 wrote:The zipps took most of it.


Therefore Zipps = dead? RIP Zipps!

The rear one is fine.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:08 pm
by Mulger bill
I got exactly 280m in today :roll:

Wasn't working so the plan was to dial out a creak in the commuter then get the 'Dale out for a blat around the houses. Yeah Right :roll:
!! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! happened, lots of it. :(

The Truth, And Nothing But The Truth........

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:37 am
by Quinns Rocks Roadie
I broke my right wrist Wednesday night, so I haven't ridden just lately - self inflicted so I am spewin something fierce. :evil:
Since then I have been single handedly restoring a verge pickup Avanti Montari 'Comp Series' mtb - I figure I can ride this one armed for now and the next 6 weeks !.
Good bike for free - Mavic eyletted rims, Deore hubs and deraillers, alloy everything else.
I am finding ingenious ways of doing things in the workshop with two arms and five fingers, including using my netbook !. :?

Eric.

Re: The Truth, And Nothing But The Truth........

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 pm
by westab
Quinns Rocks Roadie wrote:I broke my right wrist Wednesday night, so I haven't ridden just lately - self inflicted so I am spewin something fierce. :evil:
Since then I have been single handedly restoring a verge pickup Avanti Montari 'Comp Series' mtb - I figure I can ride this one armed for now and the next 6 weeks !.
Good bike for free - Mavic eyletted rims, Deore hubs and deraillers, alloy everything else.
I am finding ingenious ways of doing things in the workshop with two arms and five fingers, including using my netbook !. :?

Eric.


Eric,

Hope you heal quickly. Good luck - please don't crash your "new" bike and break your good wing.

Re: The Truth, And Nothing But The Truth........

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:51 am
by Max
Quinns Rocks Roadie wrote:I broke my right wrist Wednesday night, so I haven't ridden just lately..


:( That's the best excuse in this thread so far! I hope you heal fast, mate.

My excuse for not commuting today is that I have stuff to transport home today that can't be carried on the bike. And tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'll have a similar excuse. ;)

Max

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm
by The Womble
Missy24 wrote:
goneriding wrote:
Missy24 wrote:The zipps took most of it.


Therefore Zipps = dead? RIP Zipps!

The rear one is fine.

The worlds bling-est uni cycle project?

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am
by dan_the_man
- ah i got up 10 mins too late. I will have to drive to make up time

- work called. The server is down. Have to get there fast need to take car.

- don't want to crinkle my business shirt

- work shoes don't fit in my back pack.

- it's Friday. People drive crazy in the afternoon cause they can't wait to get the drinks in

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:39 am
by Fletcher
I didn't ride yesterday because i had a date after work, and wanted the option of driving instead of riding, just in case I got lucky.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:30 pm
by Max
Fletcher wrote:I didn't ride yesterday because i had a date after work, and wanted the option of driving instead of riding, just in case I got lucky.


Sooooooo....................... did you? :mrgreen:

Max

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:36 pm
by Fletcher
Er, not this time unfortunately, and I have another excuse for that too. But it's all still sweet :D

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:32 pm
by Max
My pre-emptive excuse for not commuting on the first day back at work: I have to take the car in for a service. Poor thing has had so little action lately that it's coughing and spluttering in protest. I haven't had the heart to tell it that it's going to become my secondary means of transport in 2011...

Max

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:26 pm
by trailgumby
I've got a cold and feel like ,,, I've god a goad.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:01 pm
by Comedian
Max wrote:My pre-emptive excuse for not commuting on the first day back at work: I have to take the car in for a service. Poor thing has had so little action lately that it's coughing and spluttering in protest. I haven't had the heart to tell it that it's going to become my secondary means of transport in 2011...

Max

Have I phsyched you into the big TEN-K? :mrgreen:

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:13 pm
by Max
Comedian wrote:
Max wrote:My pre-emptive excuse for not commuting on the first day back at work: I have to take the car in for a service. Poor thing has had so little action lately that it's coughing and spluttering in protest. I haven't had the heart to tell it that it's going to become my secondary means of transport in 2011...

Max

Have I phsyched you into the big TEN-K? :mrgreen:


No! But I'll be trying for 6K. :D

Max

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:58 pm
by mikesbytes
I have a race later in the day