Page 24 of 36

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:24 pm
by Mulger bill
__PG__ wrote:Too windy in Melbourne this morning :mrgreen:

:? Only if you were heading north, or west, or south, or east...

I got blown all over the place, seemed like there was no one direction it was coming from and damn gusty too, lean into a crosswind to track straight and BAM it's gone and you're riding in a circle :(

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:26 pm
by AndrewBurns
Haven't been able to ride to work recently as I've been working 11 or 12 hour days every day this week (13 hour day today) :(

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 am
by westab
Been off work sick the last two days and didn't have any energy to ride this morning.

Saw the doctor on Wednesday - she wanted me to take the week off - but she said I could go in on Friday if I didn't ride :( . She then phoned my wife after I left informing her that I shouldn't and asked her to remind me that having bronchitis was not something to be messed with. :cry: Mrs Westab promissed to take bolt cutters to every second non drive side spoke in the house if I thought of getting on a bike this morning - its nice to have a great woman who cares - but I still missed my commute this morning.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:22 pm
by Roinik
Ruptured a ligament in my foot whilst playing volleyball. Swapped to the missus bike to be able to ride with a moon boot until some frisbee decided that not looking where she was going and turning directly into my path was a great idea :shock: . Bent front wheel and more pain. No riding until the front wheel was replaced. All good now though.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 am
by DaveOZ
I woke up this morning and felt a bit crap. Red, runny eye and a bit flit. So I had a shower and drove to work. Now I feel great and guilty for not riding. :(

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:44 am
by westab
Mrs Westab had some surgery yesterday - so no riding yesterday, today, and at least to rest of the week as there are kids to drop to school and an working from home to take care of her. No driving for Mrs westab for 1-2 weeks but she is keen to walk the kids to school as soon as she feels fit enough. So no riding till then - man I am twitchy without my morning ride. :(

DaveOz hope you feel better soon - same to you Roinik (hope you heal well)

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:13 pm
by Max
Geez, everyone's in the wars! I hope you all feel better soon.

Max

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:50 pm
by bosvit
Roinik wrote:Ruptured a ligament in my foot whilst playing volleyball. Swapped to the missus bike to be able to ride with a moon boot until some frisbee decided that not looking where she was going and turning directly into my path was a great idea :shock: . Bent front wheel and more pain. No riding until the front wheel was replaced. All good now though.

Mate time to buy a xlotto ticket, surely your luck is ready to turn!

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:10 pm
by g-boaf
I did go out tonight - a little bit of wind can't hurt much can it?

Well, after 4km when the rain drops started falling I thought, stuff it - I've had enough of this and went back home. Dried the bike off, brought it inside to rest warmly on its stand.

Not so fun tonight with those winds, it was just all over the place and really changing direction all the time too. One moment head wind, next minute strong crosswind and then nothing. A bit scary actually.

So I chickened out and let mother nature win tonight. :lol:

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:06 pm
by KonaCommuter
Max wrote:Geez, everyone's in the wars! I hope you all feel better soon.

Max




All winter I've suffered from recurring chest infections.


The other day I felt the same symptoms so I checked myself into a local GP and only got in by saying "I just need a script" (for antibiotics). So I get into the doctor and she listens to my spiel (same symptoms as the last 4 times this winter - just give me antibiotics) and she listens to my chest and drops a bombshell - No antibiotics for you Kona, you have asthma and need ventolin. A couple of puffs later I'm all sweet. Can you believe that? A whole winter ate up all my sick leave thanks to misdiagnosis

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 pm
by Jonno
Sliced open the bottom of my foot on sharp reef.. :wink:

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:55 am
by Max
KonaCommuter wrote:A whole winter ate up all my sick leave thanks to misdiagnosis


This is why I don't waste any time with GPs anymore - except to have them write scripts. So many misdiagnoses - one of them almost cost me my sight. Never again. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, now that you're finally on the right course of treatment! :)

Jonno - I hope your foot heals quickly!

Max

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:20 am
by mike95
need to pickup up a box full of goodies from ribble for the new build.
Have to ride the bus :evil:

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 pm
by pacra
Too windy in Melbourne.
3 months of NWesterly gusts, too much, spat the dummy.
What happened to the character building South/Southwesterly of the Melbourbe winter in olden days?

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 am
by dynamictiger
For the last three weeks I have simply been working stupid means taking the car everyday as I have to go to sites all over the city to get the work done, and besides its been raining and I decided I don't need to cycle in the rain after i turned 50. Todays excuse is I have to go swim training tonight and get cramps if I do both.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:16 am
by jasonc
daughter sick. daddy day care.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 pm
by marinmomma
jasonc wrote:daughter sick. daddy day care.


No ride on the new bike, then??? :shock:

But good on ya for being daddy daycare....now that's an excuse that you won't be able to use forever :wink:

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm
by Comedian
My legs were slammed by yesterdays ride. No worries... I stole the wifes Gazelle Ebike for the commute. Beats the bus every time and the legs got a lovely light spin.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:41 pm
by jasonc
marinmomma wrote:
jasonc wrote:daughter sick. daddy day care.


No ride on the new bike, then??? :shock:

But good on ya for being daddy daycare....now that's an excuse that you won't be able to use forever :wink:


no. still no ride. swapped the pedals back over for tomorrows commute on the flat bar. friday's weather is looking good so it will hopefully get a shakedown then

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 pm
by marinmomma
jasonc wrote:
no. still no ride. swapped the pedals back over for tomorrows commute on the flat bar. friday's weather is looking good so it will hopefully get a shakedown then



Can't get the Fuji's feet wet on the first ride....

Friday morning's looking good for a river loop... it's meant to be nice and cool in the morning!

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 pm
by jasonc
marinmomma wrote:
jasonc wrote:
no. still no ride. swapped the pedals back over for tomorrows commute on the flat bar. friday's weather is looking good so it will hopefully get a shakedown then



Can't get the Fuji's feet wet on the first ride....

Friday morning's looking good for a river loop... it's meant to be nice and cool in the morning!


nah - it'll be a straight shakedown. riverloop is for saturday morning.
EDIT: and the Fuji is a fairweather bike

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 pm
by find_bruce
Comedian wrote:My legs were slammed by yesterdays ride. No worries... I stole the wifes Gazelle Ebike for the commute. Beats the bus every time and the legs got a lovely light spin.

How many CCR hopefuls did you dash ?

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 pm
by Marto
Too windy for Felix Baumgartner today. Fair enough excuse when you are free falling for 36km! "Live" coverage: http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 pm
by Mulger bill
jasonc wrote:daughter sick. daddy day care.


Denied! Looking after family falls into the "Honourable Reasons" category.

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:35 am
by MarkG
Hayfever today, easterly wind, no ride.
4 yr wedding anniversary tonight, gorged on pizza.
Feel sick and guilty lol