Heavy Back pack

johnny99

Heavy Back pack

Postby johnny99 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:17 am

Lost my house keys over the weekend that I carry in my backpack. So after a quick "Dad" look through my bag and no success I decided to empty my bag out completely. As well as finding the keys and other useless objects I also emptied out about $30 in change which had been accumulating over the last couple of months. So the ride to and from work today was about a kilo lighter. Might have to clean the bag out more regularly I think.

Max

Re: Heavy Back pack

Postby Max » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:15 am

That's quite funny! :lol: There's been a few times I've completely emptied a backpack, only to find some gadget, widget or doodad I'd been looking for. "So THAT'S where that thing got to!!!" :D

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

westab

Postby westab » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 am

Thats great - so seeing that the money belongs to your bike what are you going to spend it on? Brake pads, new rear light, chain, bar tape, ..... at the LBS. It is so hard to decide maybe you should take your backpack and check again maybe that fifty you lost is in there as well. :mrgreen:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:36 pm

you realise the heavier bag was getting you a better workout :)

i usually do the cleanout after i decide that the bag is starting to stink too much and needs a wash. then i find the rotten, squished banana and skip on the wash.

cinnyis

Heavy Back pack

Postby cinnyis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:13 am

jules21 wrote: ....then i find the rotten, squished banana
ewwwww!!!!!
I use a pannier bag when commuting, then a laptop backpack for the odd occasion I don't ride. Every time I transfer my work stuff from one bag to the other I find something that I thought I'd lost a long time ago thankfully no rotten fruit :-P Then the next commute feels sooo much lighter.
Dey see me rollin'
o__ ~~
_>/ _ ~~~
(_)\(_) ~~~~ Dey hatin'

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:59 pm

I bought my wife a set of dumbells from Rebel sport and rode home with them in my backpack last year. Lots of little ones adding up to 40kg in total.

The weight made a difference in a couple of areas. I was really unstable when I stood to climb because all the weight was up high and I really had to stand on the brakes to stop and put them on much, much earlier (that was pretty scary.) On short climbs the extra weight didn't seem to make that much difference.

Racer

Postby Racer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:13 pm

new challange/workout.. get a backpack and fill it with sand.. go for a ride..

kodakmomentz

Postby kodakmomentz » Sun May 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Racer wrote:new challange/workout.. get a backpack and fill it with sand.. go for a ride..
Then move up to bricks?
Steel?
Lead?

:)