peddles

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

peddles

Postby revinR1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:22 pm

I have a Giant Hybred,cyress2. Bought this bike last year 2010 basically to cruise around to local foreshore and take away on holidays etc. We`ve put a rack and child seat on the rear. Now I`ve taken to riding this bike a lot lately (just enjoying it more and more). Im going to put a set or rearview mirrors on (thats going to be a xmas present) but I was thinking of putting clip peddles on,but I wouldn`t feel good having a stack with them and my daughter on the back. I`ve seen somewhere of a duel peddle.Have people used these and what do you think.I was thinking of the days I ride into town or where every by myself for excerise I could use the clip.Then when I got my daughter on the back I got normal peddles.

2nd question. Should I just keep the peddles I got and buy seperate clip style peddles and shoes ?????
revinR1

by BNA » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:50 pm

BNA

Re: peddles

Postby MacG10 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Check out the first part of this http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40953 post on dual side (spd/flat) pedals.
MacG10

Postby jules21 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:46 pm

i'm afraid i have more serious news. you're in the early stages of upgraditis. the symptoms are a progressively blinged out bike and empty bank balance. you can fight this, but the treatment is intense and many people just prefer to live with the disease.
jules21

Postby revinR1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Dude dont tell me that. We`re already broke enough and I`ve had to put my race motorbike up forsale to help pay bills. :oops: :oops: :oops: Hence why Im riding bike more... Oh well might rig up some gangsta velcro wrapping for the time being...
revinR1

Postby jules21 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:26 pm

i have a feeling you're gonna be alright.
jules21

Return to Commuting