How to embarrass yourself at work

HappyHumber

Re: How to embarrass yourself at work

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:25 pm

mmmm... cheese....

(in the dairy sense)
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

teamdanby

Postby teamdanby » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:31 pm

your all lucky bugger
no lockers or shower at my work place
lucky for me as i work in the waste industry smell is never that much of a worrie as the rubbish smells alot worst than i could ever do

ride in with my rideing gear and that gets hung to dry during the day and i change into my work shorts and work shirt that i bring in with me each day after the linx shower :wink:

lucky no big meetings for me or small offices to work in just plenty of open air

looks like rubbish for this weeks riding but the whole long weekend looks like a wash out up here :roll:
Daily comuter
Gaint XTC mtb
city slicker wheels for the week
kenda nevegal for the tracks on the weekends

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Lizzy wrote:I realise this too late, thinking at first it was just ambient shower block funk, so ergo, so do I :oops: Let fly with the emergency Impulse canister in my desk but am still faintly aware of it. Paris Chic with a hint of Stilton! [/size]
A little fermented curd....

Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

dino_onabike1969

Postby dino_onabike1969 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 am

Sydguy wrote:Hit the showers, turned taps off and bam thought where's the towel... The trick with paper towel is not to let it get too wet or it breaks up and sticks to you.
Some people thought I had major dandruff but I politely told them it was paper towel. Got funny looks!
hahaha!!!has happened to me as well!! :oops: :oops:
Giant TCR 2 Composite 2011

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:40 pm

In other towel news, my boss was recently in my office, and had to close the door so he could shoot his mouth off about something. My boss is a mad Professor, but has a bit of a 'Rainman' streak at times. On his way out, he spotted my microfibre towel hanging on the back of my door, grabbed hold of it with a confused look on his face and asked me what it was. The closest he's ever been to any kind of sport is watching Wimbledon so I'm guessing his only reference point for towels is the big fluffy bath kind.

"Uh ... thats my towel."

"Your towel?!"

"Uh, yes, my towel ... you know, how I ride to work and have to shower afterward?"

"Oh. Hmm." he says, still holding it. It was all I could do not to start shrieking and I dry my exposed skin with it SO STOP TOUCHING IT UGHH, shudder!!"

:oops: :x :shock:
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:18 pm

In the days when I was of the three-piece-suit set I would occasionally ahve one of the guys head into town to get e a new shirt.

Touch wood, at least I never have had to go commando. But one day I did get caught out without any socks and an 8:30 meeting. I hacked a short length off the sleeves off my tight-fitting woolen top (sort of my grunge wet suit for winter riding) and roll them over the feet. It felt a little uncomfortable and I had to hitch up my "socks" a fair bit that day but it sufficed.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:11 pm

Time warp!

Ah, the first week back commuting, the routines are a little rusty. No more meetings for the day so I scampered across the corridor to get changed in time for a clean getaway this arvo. Back in the office I'm packing the bag with the outgoing office clothes and the sirens start up in my brain ::ALERT ALERT ALERT - UNDEROOS NOT PRESENT::

There they were, on the floor outside. And as luck would have it: they weren't my worst ones, and at this time of day / year one can bomb down the corridor on a kick scooter with absolute confidence of hitting nobody. (Don't ask me how I know.)
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 am

Lizzy wrote:Time warp!

....and at this time of day / year one can bomb down the corridor on a kick scooter with absolute confidence of hitting nobody. (Don't ask me how I know.)
Time warp indeed! :D

And good to hear you're still enjoying the scooter. My daughter bought a good quality one with her birthday money and riding one with nice bearings is really quite fun
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

4xsama

Postby 4xsama » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:03 pm

dino_onabike1969 wrote:
Sydguy wrote:Hit the showers, turned taps off and bam thought where's the towel... The trick with paper towel is not to let it get too wet or it breaks up and sticks to you.
Some people thought I had major dandruff but I politely told them it was paper towel. Got funny looks!
hahaha!!!has happened to me as well!! :oops: :oops:
Yep. Me too - 2 days in a row.

I take all my gear (5 shirts/undies/socks/towel - most of the time/fruit) to work at sparrows on Sunday morning. Probably not convenient for many.
CANYON Inflite AL SLX 8.0 Pro Race. Pivot Mach 429 Trail