Where do you commute from to

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:48 pm

At times we probably ride past fellow BNA members on our commutes, so lets see if we cross each others paths

Where do you commute to from ?

For me the answer is real complex, and at the moment Work is an unknown location as I'm between contracts
Monday AM Tempe -> Work
Monday PM Work -> Five Dock -> Riverwood -> Tempe
Tue AM Tempe -> Riverwood -> Work
Tue PM Work -> Rockdale -> Tempe
Wed AM Tempe -> Work
Wed PM Work -> North Strathfield -> Tempe
Thu AM Tempe -> North Sydney -> Work
Thu PM Work -> Tempe
Fri AM Tempe -> Rockdale -> Work
Fri PM Work -> Tempe
Sat AM Tempe -> Rockdale -> Tempe
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

simonn

Re: Where do you commute from to

Postby simonn » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:51 am

Freshwater -> North Ryde/Macquarie Park via The Spit, North/Western route through Mosman to Naremburn, then Gore Hill Fwy/Epping Rd cycle tracks.

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:46 am

Also, what time do you commute, what is your address and where do you hide your spare key?

woztron

Postby woztron » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 pm

I commute sporadically from whittlesea to bundoora and back, once or twice a week.

Gets awkward due to rotating rosters, long days and regular 6am starts.

pagey

Postby pagey » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Rowville to City return a couple of times a week
cheers
Pagey

hitchhiker

Postby hitchhiker » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Mt Waverley to Moonee Ponds for me. Usually 2 or 3 times a week

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Castle Hill to St Leonards a variable number of days per week at the moment.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 am

Hornsby Heights to Sydney Olympic Park via Galston Rd, back streets of Waitara/Wahroonga, Kissing Point Rd to Eastwood then follow railway to Rhodes and SOP. A nice trip, mostly on quiet roads. Tougher on the homeward leg as there’s a bit of climbing. Generally two or three times a week.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:38 am

Dural -> Nth Sydney.

I see a few other guys doing the same route from time to time, but usually I am on my own until I get to Epping and starting following the M2 detour.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

the grid

Postby the grid » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Southern GC to Southport or Benowa.....rarely

hannos

Postby hannos » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Sydney:

Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays
Mount Annan -> Rhodes
Leave at 5:30 -6am, arrive at work 2 hours later.
Leave at 4:45pm and arrive home 2hr - 2:15 later.
2010 BMC SLC01

bodyboarding_bum

Postby bodyboarding_bum » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:51 pm

South Perth to O'Connor, and South Perth to Mount Lawley.

Excuse me if this thread is location specific :)

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:59 pm

westleigh to parramatta - previously rarely but my training is kicking up a notch so im trying to do it most days now.
Newbie to the cycling world.
2011 Giant TCR Advanced W
http://www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

Dropbear20

Postby Dropbear20 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:42 am

Carlton to Sydney CBD, 4 days a week. A nice 40km round trip.

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Sydney -

Ingleburn to the Airport via Holsworthy and the M5, or via all the back streets that follow the train line through to Wolli Creek.
Now that it's warming up, I'll be aiming for 3-5 days per week, leaving Ingleburn at 0445 hours and arriving at Mascot at anywhere between 0550 and 0610 hours.
Return journey is a direct reversal of my incoming route usually, but if I'm in a hurry I'll do the M5 all the way to Moorebank Ave, leaving Qantas Drive anywhere between 1500 and 1530 hours.

hannos wrote:Sydney:

Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays
Mount Annan -> Rhodes
Leave at 5:30 -6am, arrive at work 2 hours later.
Leave at 4:45pm and arrive home 2hr - 2:15 later.
Wondered what your times were, and if we'd every cross paths, but you're a bit later than me.

Cheers,

Kev.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Kev, didn't know you go almost past me. Keep an eye out for me on Tuesday mornings, going the opposite way

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 pm

rdp_au wrote:Hornsby Heights to Sydney Olympic Park via Galston Rd, back streets of Waitara/Wahroonga, Kissing Point Rd to Eastwood then follow railway to Rhodes and SOP. A nice trip, mostly on quiet roads. Tougher on the homeward leg as there’s a bit of climbing. Generally two or three times a week.
I've only done it once (yesterday, for ride2work :) ) from Berowra to Parramatta. Follow this route mostly except I cross the railway line a Epping and head to Parra from there. Let at 6amTook 1:15. I plan on doing it weekly when possible (has to fit in around the kid commute)

Normally I drive to Telopea station and ride through rydalmere at about 7am, returning at about 4pm.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Schmenz wrote:westleigh to parramatta - previously rarely but my training is kicking up a notch so im trying to do it most days now.
Which way do you go? Pennant hills rd is more direct for me but seems too much like suicide... Is there another way through?

Cheers,
Dave

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:11 pm

I can't believe no one has said this already, but i usually commute from my home to work. In the afternoons though i commute from work to home :D .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:09 am

Ozkaban wrote:
Schmenz wrote:westleigh to parramatta - previously rarely but my training is kicking up a notch so im trying to do it most days now.
Which way do you go? Pennant hills rd is more direct for me but seems too much like suicide... Is there another way through?

Cheers,
Dave
Depends on what time, i have done penno rd at 5am and the cars werent too bad (Did the whole length of penno rd - but the road surface gets really nasty at carlingford!) However, at 6am this week its been nasty so i footpath it to the m2 detour and follow that to the end of nth rocks rd, and then straight up church st (footpath until it gets nasty from the footpath work and then on the road from there - toying with the idea of the backstreets but seems like too much hassle and the drivers have all been giving me heaps of room). When I get to the bus lane at the shops I shoot off into the backstreets and then go down Elizabeth St.

I am considering diverting earlier and going down aiken rd but its not got a bike lane like murray farm rd but would make the roundabout crossing easier as ill be with the traffic flow, and cut out some lights stops, but i think theres some more roundabouts on the downhill which would be annoying.. will scope it out on the way home as i drove today so i can ride this afternoon. (Gotta love half days!)
Newbie to the cycling world.
2011 Giant TCR Advanced W
http://www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

Golliwog

Postby Golliwog » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Indooroopilly to the Brisbane CBD. Tiny ride but i do it 2-3 times a day

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:07 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Kev, didn't know you go almost past me. Keep an eye out for me on Tuesday mornings, going the opposite way
I'll be riding in tomorrow Mike, leaving home at 4:45. Where would I pass you - M5 or back streets?

Kev.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:40 pm

I'm taking tomorrow off, but my normal commute route on Tuesday mornings is;

5:15 past Ikea
Route
6:00 arrive Riverwood

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:41 am

Schmenz wrote: Depends on what time, i have done penno rd at 5am and the cars werent too bad (Did the whole length of penno rd - but the road surface gets really nasty at carlingford!) However, at 6am this week its been nasty so i footpath it to the m2 detour and follow that to the end of nth rocks rd, and then straight up church st (footpath until it gets nasty from the footpath work and then on the road from there - toying with the idea of the backstreets but seems like too much hassle and the drivers have all been giving me heaps of room). When I get to the bus lane at the shops I shoot off into the backstreets and then go down Elizabeth St.

I am considering diverting earlier and going down aiken rd but its not got a bike lane like murray farm rd but would make the roundabout crossing easier as ill be with the traffic flow, and cut out some lights stops, but i think theres some more roundabouts on the downhill which would be annoying.. will scope it out on the way home as i drove today so i can ride this afternoon. (Gotta love half days!)
Thanks for that. When planning my multi-mode trips I was originally though of on parking in Aiken Rd and riding from there, but it's a pretty insane street hill wise. Not a big issue in the morning when fresh, but in the afternoons I feel more like a cruise :wink:

I've found turning off Church St onto Barney St then onto O'Connell is a bit lighter traffic wise and I have no probs riding all the way down into Parramatta on the road. Not as keen on Church st.

Hope you enjoyed your half day!

Cheers,
Dave

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi

Perth ...

Churchlands to/from Joondalup - Freeway or Coast
Joondalup to/from Fremantle - Coast or via the PSP to Osborne Park and then through Wembley to the Fremantle PSP
Churchlands to/from Fremantle - Fremantle PSP or Melville (river) or further south and then Kwinana PSP

Varies depending on work/life demands. I do see Rolandp quite often. Always nice to have a chat if time permits.

Andrew