2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

simonn

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby simonn » Fri May 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Well, no commuting for me for three weeks. So see you all in the lower ranks :)

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Fri May 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Ah no .. You've got kiddie drop-off duty?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Kenzo wrote:Ah no .. You've got kiddie drop-off duty?
No, Simon heard my sulk and is going to let me catch up before he burns me off again.

Regards

simonn

Postby simonn » Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm

No, I'm on holiday :) - in 22 mins anyway.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat May 19, 2012 12:13 pm

scored a few extra commuting kms after snapping the front derailleur cable on a morning loop. went home after the morning loop. did some stuff, then to the bike shop. all fixed.

EDIT: Well done TailWind on passing 5000km commuting for the year.

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 pm

jasonc wrote:scored a few extra commuting kms after snapping the front derailleur cable on a morning loop. went home after the morning loop. did some stuff, then to the bike shop. all fixed.

EDIT: Well done TailWind on passing 5000km commuting for the year.
So I did, wheeee :D - thanks Jason

All things being equal, 12000 commuting kms should be on the cards for 2012 ...

Edit: Syntax.
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Mon May 21, 2012 9:56 am

After an awesome MTB ride yesterday morning which involved a few involuntary dismounts, no commute for me today while my hand and back recover... Still smiling from the (mis)adventure though...
So... gretaboy, that is less kms for you to catch up on :-)

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Mon May 21, 2012 10:18 am

Kenzo wrote:After an awesome MTB ride yesterday morning which involved a few involuntary dismounts, no commute for me today while my hand and back recover... Still smiling from the (mis)adventure though...
why thankyou kind sir...just uploading my ride home from last thursday so hopefully it makes a difference

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 21, 2012 10:25 am

gretaboy wrote:
Kenzo wrote:After an awesome MTB ride yesterday morning which involved a few involuntary dismounts, no commute for me today while my hand and back recover... Still smiling from the (mis)adventure though...
why thankyou kind sir...just uploading my ride home from last thursday so hopefully it makes a difference
is this when you get me for the year on bikejournal too?

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Mon May 21, 2012 10:40 am

jasonc wrote: is this when you get me for the year on bikejournal too?

no...you have got a day and a half on me at the moment...maybe wednesday afternoons ride may do it..depends what you do today as well..but I should, hopefully get 380 k's for the week this week, so will get you at one stage unless you can match me

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 am

gretaboy wrote:
jasonc wrote: is this when you get me for the year on bikejournal too?

no...you have got a day and a half on me at the moment...maybe wednesday afternoons ride may do it..depends what you do today as well..but I should, hopefully get 380 k's for the week this week, so will get you at one stage unless you can match me
legs felt off this morning, so no. all yours unfortunately.

EDIT: what happened to Christina? She was giving me a run for my money now there's no activity

westab

Postby westab » Mon May 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Up to 13th - not as impressive as you guys and girls but the highest I have ever been. :D
The youngest two kids new bikes picked up on the weekend are nice and with them riding more and prefering to ride places instead of getting in the car there may be more chances for weekend "commutes". My no.2 kid is very keen - yesterday after leaving her friends birthday party at three she informed me that there was still 2hrs of daylight left so where could we go.

The fruit shop, then back to the local lake and lastly to a playground - it might be slower but it is fun. The only one who looses is the dog (at the moment) - she can't come as she can't keep up but we are planning to buid her a trailer (which will also fit a small esky). :D
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Mon May 21, 2012 1:20 pm

westab wrote:Up to 13th - not as impressive as you guys and girls but the highest I have ever been. :D
The youngest two kids new bikes picked up on the weekend are nice and with them riding more and prefering to ride places instead of getting in the car there may be more chances for weekend "commutes". My no.2 kid is very keen - yesterday after leaving her friends birthday party at three she informed me that there was still 2hrs of daylight left so where could we go.

The fruit shop, then back to the local lake and lastly to a playground - it might be slower but it is fun. The only one who looses is the dog (at the moment) - she can't come as she can't keep up but we are planning to buid her a trailer (which will also fit a small esky). :D
Westab...ur a lucky man, enjoy every moment with the kids....doing 5 k's with your kids is worth 100 of mine anyday

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Mon May 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Christina enters the workouts manually? Maybe they are being saved up for a blitzkrieg on you Jason?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Kenzo wrote:Christina enters the workouts manually? Maybe they are being saved up for a blitzkrieg on you Jason?
hope she does. it'll give me a target. her only problem will be the next leave I have booked is 2 days in august, then xmas.

westab

Postby westab » Mon May 21, 2012 5:05 pm

gretaboy wrote:Westab...ur a lucky man, enjoy every moment with the kids....doing 5 k's with your kids is worth 100 of mine anyday
Thanks mate and you are right - Mrs Westab also enjoys riding so the car is only used when we must. The only down side is my average speed but who cares it was slow anyway. :mrgreen:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 am

Once Endomondo updates I will/should hit 4000k's....just about doubled the number of k's I did the entire year last year

have lost a crap load of weight in the process too

wouldnt mind giving a race a go now, but I also know commuting k's are very different to racing k's...and I would have no chance against the younger brigade, still too heavy

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Wed May 23, 2012 11:54 am

Nice one Gretaboy.
What happened to not riding until Wednesday this week?

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed May 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Kenzo wrote:Nice one Gretaboy.
What happened to not riding until Wednesday this week?
LOL...what I meant was that I might catch Jason's total by today's riding...not that I wouldnt be riding until Wednesday

Got the GCC starting tomorrow too...so that is going to give me extra incentive to ride, and walk...lots

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Thu May 24, 2012 11:12 am

Just scraped into 2nd this morning, thanks to Simon's holiday plans....only got 1100 or so k's to conjure somehow to even get close to TailWind...BUT...at least now I have him in the distance as a very very small speck

from now on it will be head down, bum up, legs pedalling furiously and lets see what happens

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 24, 2012 12:16 pm

gretaboy wrote:Just scraped into 2nd this morning, thanks to Simon's holiday plans....only got 1100 or so k's to conjure somehow to even get close to TailWind...BUT...at least now I have him in the distance as a very very small speck

from now on it will be head down, bum up, legs pedalling furiously and lets see what happens
not bad considering how long we tussled for. great effort

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Thu May 24, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm resting my back again today... I want to ride.... But when it hurts to bend down and put socks on, it's time to rest.

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Fri May 25, 2012 2:17 pm

gretaboy wrote:Just scraped into 2nd this morning, thanks to Simon's holiday plans....only got 1100 or so k's to conjure somehow to even get close to TailWind...BUT...at least now I have him in the distance as a very very small speck

Looks like you are reeling me in at the rate of ~100km/week at our current mileage...I don't think I'll do much more than 270km/week at this point...so you'll probably be screaming past me sometime in August. :shock:
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Fri May 25, 2012 2:43 pm

TW...August is a long way away :(

got to get through winter basically and keep up the current k's as well...not going to be easy...nearly piked it today, but told myself to harden up

my partner thinks I am mad, with regards to my riding anyway

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Fri May 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Look after your sore back Gretaboy...
Some advice - which even I am yet to take up - is to stretch the hammies (and all else of course).. but tight hammies = tight back/neck/shoulders.
Yes I rode again today - but my avg speed was just under 24km/h which is about 10-15% slower for me on the roadie.
(Note - my Endo app is not set to auto pause so my avg speeds are based on total time not just the moving time.)