2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby thomashouseman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:39 am

Been out for a month or so. Had the flu something horrid and now my rear wheel is with the Kona distributors and they can't find the Australian zero distributor for them to repair/replace :(
thomashouseman
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 am
Location: Toongabbie NSW

by BNA » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 am

BNA
 

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Kenzo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 am

booking in to see a physio.... while lifting bags of pool salt (5x20kg lots).. I've re-injured my back.... not that it ever really healed.

More off the bike time... more money spent on stupid public transport.
User avatar
Kenzo
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 am
Location: Daisy Hill / Brisbane, Southside FTW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Mugglechops wrote:Back to a normal week and I plan on doing 45kms every day :D


Looks like I need to find more kms again - you are an inspiring machine Mugglechops. Am glad you are commuting at other than 2am - hope it is safer for you than with the trucks that time of the morning.

Kenzo hope the back heals well - and that you get back soon (but not too soon) :D
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:03 pm

westab wrote:Am glad you are commuting at other than 2am - hope it is safer for you than with the trucks that time of the morning.


Most of the ride home is bike path and I never see any cars. Its just good to be home at night.
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Rode in this morning... was surprisingly OK. Back is still a bit iffish...
Will cruise home this arvo and try to stay off the bike until the weekend...
TRY to anyway...
User avatar
Kenzo
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 am
Location: Daisy Hill / Brisbane, Southside FTW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby gretaboy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 am

7000 k's in commuting reached....two things from this

1. Am surprised I am still alive lol

2. Never thought I would do so many k's ever..have never done so many k's before

Its sort of funny when I think about my commuting and what I have achieved/done...this time last year, I was lucky to be doing 60 k's total in a two week period, now I am riding pretty much every day and it feels so natural..dangerous but normal
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby TailWind » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 am

gretaboy wrote:7000 k's in commuting reached....

Good job!

Cracked 8000 kms yesterday afternoon...looking good for 12000 for the year :)
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike
User avatar
TailWind
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: Mill Park, Melbourne

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Kenzo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Amazing stuff guys. More rest for me this week.. maybe this month. Looking forward to getting back to regular riding.
User avatar
Kenzo
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 am
Location: Daisy Hill / Brisbane, Southside FTW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby gretaboy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:43 am

Seems someone is slowly increasing their distances...good to see...makes everyone work just that little harder hahahaha
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby TailWind » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:10 am

gretaboy wrote:Seems someone is slowly increasing their distances...good to see...makes everyone work just that little harder hahahaha

:mrgreen:
Not much chance of a fight-back for the morning commute, but there's a little bit of wiggle room to ride the "scenic" routes in the afternoons :)
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike
User avatar
TailWind
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: Mill Park, Melbourne

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby gretaboy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:16 am

TailWind wrote:
gretaboy wrote:Seems someone is slowly increasing their distances...good to see...makes everyone work just that little harder hahahaha

:mrgreen:
Not much chance of a fight-back for the morning commute, but there's a little bit of wiggle room to ride the "scenic" routes in the afternoons :)


I am starting to lament my days not commuting, the days that I have to be elsewhere...rough calculations say that I will miss out on 4000 + k's for the year due to this
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 am

only 4 days commuting this week because of the ekka holiday (show holiday)
the next 3 weeks will all be 4 day weeks for me with a trip interstate, so I still won't get any closer the simonn
grrr
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 am

With being off work two days last week (and not riding one) only 25km last week - will not be any extra kms this week as am still only 50% so it is survival mode.

Spring is only a few weeks away then into it I will have to be again so that I can reach that 5000km transport kms for the year.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:00 pm

westab wrote:With being off work two days last week (and not riding one) only 25km last week - will not be any extra kms this week as am still only 50% so it is survival mode.

Spring is only a few weeks away then into it I will have to be again so that I can reach that 5000km transport kms for the year.


I was worried you were going to get me this week after I didn't ride at all last week.

Only 2 days this week as I have an 8hr mtb race on Sunday.
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:30 am

Mugglechops wrote:
westab wrote:With being off work two days last week (and not riding one) only 25km last week - will not be any extra kms this week as am still only 50% so it is survival mode.

Spring is only a few weeks away then into it I will have to be again so that I can reach that 5000km transport kms for the year.


I was worried you were going to get me this week after I didn't ride at all last week.

Only 2 days this week as I have an 8hr mtb race on Sunday.


Nope not this week either - just going to wait till spring and then get going again. Soon we will be all out riding again as netball and soccer are near the end.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Clocked up 3000kms today.
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 pm

where's simonn??? he's been holding me at bay - he did a 400km(!!!!) ride yesterday, so maybe he'll be off the bike for a few days which may give me a bit more of a sniff
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:51 am

Mugglechops wrote:Clocked up 3000kms today.


Congrats mate saw that last night.

Logged in two weeks rides in the morning but last night we had home made burgers at home and the kids wanted to see home may I have burnt on Endo - now they want to join Endo to see how many burgers they burn over this riding season (spring and summer) - I think I am hooking my whole family into this riding bug - WOOOHOOOO :lol:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby simonn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:17 pm

jasonc wrote:where's simonn??? he's been holding me at bay - he did a 400km(!!!!) ride yesterday, so maybe he'll be off the bike for a few days which may give me a bit more of a sniff


A few? I know not the meaning of plural. One day is enough (Sunday doesn't count - I was still riding until 02:17 on Sunday morning).

FWIW, only another 100km :lol: :roll: .... 360km was ok. The last 20km was the most physically demanding thing I have ever done. I could have fallen asleep on the bike. My one bit of advice for anyone attempting this distance for the first time is put a sleeping bag in your car. The risk a of micro sleep on the way home was too high for my liking, but it was too cold (4-5°) to have a quick kip before driving home.

Awesome now I have done it though! :).
Image
User avatar
simonn
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:19 pm

simonn wrote:
jasonc wrote:where's simonn??? he's been holding me at bay - he did a 400km(!!!!) ride yesterday, so maybe he'll be off the bike for a few days which may give me a bit more of a sniff


A few? I know not the meaning of plural. One day is enough (Sunday doesn't count - I was still riding until 02:17 on Sunday morning).

FWIW, only another 100km :lol: :roll: .... 360km was ok. The last 20km was the most physically demanding thing I have ever done. I could have fallen asleep on the bike. My one bit of advice for anyone attempting this distance for the first time is put a sleeping bag in your car. The risk a of micro sleep on the way home was too high for my liking, but it was too cold (4-5°) to have a quick kip before driving home.

Awesome now I have done it though! :).


wow. just wow. so when are you back commuting?
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby simonn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:29 pm

jasonc wrote:
simonn wrote:
jasonc wrote:where's simonn??? he's been holding me at bay - he did a 400km(!!!!) ride yesterday, so maybe he'll be off the bike for a few days which may give me a bit more of a sniff


A few? I know not the meaning of plural. One day is enough (Sunday doesn't count - I was still riding until 02:17 on Sunday morning).

FWIW, only another 100km :lol: :roll: .... 360km was ok. The last 20km was the most physically demanding thing I have ever done. I could have fallen asleep on the bike. My one bit of advice for anyone attempting this distance for the first time is put a sleeping bag in your car. The risk a of micro sleep on the way home was too high for my liking, but it was too cold (4-5°) to have a quick kip before driving home.

Awesome now I have done it though! :).


wow. just wow. so when are you back commuting?


Today :).
Image
User avatar
simonn
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:56 pm

simonn wrote:
jasonc wrote:wow. just wow. so when are you back commuting?


Today :).


dammit
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Having a week off the bike this week.

I can feel my 7th placing slipping away.
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 am

Mugglechops wrote:Having a week off the bike this week.

I can feel my 7th placing slipping away.


Nope - I won't get you this week as Mrs Westab had surgery yesterday so only riding on Monday - Will be dropping kids to school etc and looking after her by working from home as much as possible. She won't be able to drive for at least one week - but is keen to walk the kids when she is fit enough (probably not soon).

I think 7th will be yours - i'm not sure I can catch you when we get back on our bikes.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.
westab
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: 2012 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:12 am

David SSS is getting pretty close to my 5th position...
He's been steadily catching up to my rather static number of kms.

Commuted yesterday for the first time in ages...

Ride home was only around 75 minutes.... but was feeling the slight twinges of cramping!
User avatar
Kenzo
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 am
Location: Daisy Hill / Brisbane, Southside FTW

PreviousNext

Return to Commuting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter