2012 Commuter Cup Racing - The Real Game

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

Re: 2012 Commuter Cup Racing - The Real Game

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:58 pm

So when i last posted here i was thinking "i LOOK like top of the food chain but i'm not going to be taking any serious roadies" and then commuting on Saturday morning i managed to stick a suicidal solo breakaway from a big group. Question is, do i get 1 point or 30? :) .

I won't mention the group of 6 40-50yr olds who absolutely blew me away near the start of my ride.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

by BNA » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 am

BNA

Postby Livetoride » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 am

Ok, sadly to say I lost a point yesterday on the way home, fellow roadie shaved legs ahead of me on Swanston street at flinders street station. Saw him, targeted him and off I went after him. Only problem was he saw me coming, and just floored it... caught up with him again on St Kilda road, stuck with him for about a 1.5k and then as I was ready to pass him (and hopefully stay ahead of him) off he went again... :(
Happy Days
Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:20 am

Quick question, when choosing your FCN, how does that work, do you tick the option that you are, or the option of what your chasing or have I missed it altogether....
Happy Days
Livetoride

Postby bychosis » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:11 pm

As i see it work out what you are. Anything that is higher on the list (lower number) that you pass and drop is a point. Anyone from below (higher number) on the list that pass and drops you is -1 point. I start with an 8 +1 for baggies, 0 for baggage, 0 for headwear -makes me a 9. If I see a MTB on skinnies, fast hybrid or roadie etc and I run him down and get away that's a point. If I get passed by MTB on knobblies =-1, unless I catch, and then drop him in which case it's nuthin.

Would love to play this game, but I only see recreational riders on my commute and I **own** that cycleway so no points for me. Very rarely see another competitor.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.
bychosis

Previous

Return to Commuting