Claim your bragging rights!

WestcoastPete

Re: Claim your bragging rights!

Postby WestcoastPete » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Biffidus wrote:What bike is that Pete? Is that belt driving a single speed or internal hub?
Sorry mate; didn't realise you'd asked a question.

It's a Rohloff and I'm back in love with it again.

Description can be found here.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Had to post this - riding into work today, made through the lights at Cumberland Highway but my riding mate didn't. I did the 150m climb up the hill, turned around, back down to the lights and climbed it again when he got the green 8)

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Despite a severe storm in Perth throwing everything it could at me, I got to work this morning (and still feeling quite fresh :mrgreen: ).

I did have a rare fall to the ground when I hit a 3 inch log of broken wood hidden in the long pile of detritis from the river near Aquinas college overpass.As there were few idiots on the PSP this morning no-one witnessed by embarrassment.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

kiso

Postby kiso » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 pm

15L of kitty litter, plus a few assorted groceries, on a 1.5km trip from the local supermarket.

The kitty litter went in the left pannier, the other stuff (no more than 3kg) was shared between the right pannier and shoulder bag. The bike's handling characteristics were interesting to say the least!
John

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Record effort by the grocery panniers at the farmer's market this weekend:

I only really went because I had a hankering for fennel, but came back with everything but. By the time I got out I seriously thought I had overshot the runway and was going to have to put the broccoflower down my shirt or something ... but even had room to spare!
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:26 pm

kiso wrote:15L of kitty litter, plus a few assorted groceries, on a 1.5km trip from the local supermarket.

The kitty litter went in the left pannier, the other stuff (no more than 3kg) was shared between the right pannier and shoulder bag. The bike's handling characteristics were interesting to say the least!
Haha, yes. I occasionally have to carry my laptop and power supply in my panniers to and from work. Makes the C of G very high, so slow speed handling is more difficult (tippy), and movement over rough surfaces can be rather disconcerting! 10-15 or more kg would exagerate that a fair bit. :shock:

J-Tim

Postby J-Tim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Managed to get a KOM on a hill that I've had hate-hate relationship with since I started riding 10 months ago.

Very happy chappy here! :mrgreen: