Kissing Point Road Turramurra

spewyewi

Kissing Point Road Turramurra

Postby spewyewi » Wed May 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi,
I have been riding/commuting along this route, the "bike lane" going North from the Comenara Parkway to the Pac Hwy is a disgrace.
Does anyone on here have any contacts in Bike North? or Ku Ring Gai Council? Who should i write to? Complain to? Send a petition to?
happy to help/organise/ whatever???

any advice?

thanks

Ewan

trailgumby

Re: Kissing Point Road Turramurra

Postby trailgumby » Wed May 09, 2012 7:40 pm

The key is to find out who is the responsible authority for that piece of road. It will be either RTA or the local council. Being an arterial, RTA is more likely. Google "complaints RTA"

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 pm

spewyewi wrote:Hi,
I have been riding/commuting along this route, the "bike lane" going North from the Comenara Parkway to the Pac Hwy is a disgrace.
Does anyone on here have any contacts in Bike North? or Ku Ring Gai Council? Who should i write to? Complain to? Send a petition to?
happy to help/organise/ whatever???

any advice?

thanks

Ewan

http://www.bikenorth.org.au/advocacy/lg ... u-ring-gai

"Action Items

Kissing Point Road
----------------------

The Kissing Point Road section from Catalpa Crescent to the Pacific Highway is fraught with problems and has been the subject of numerous discussions. The difficulties faced are:

o Narrow road easement in the S-bend at the steep section.
o Steepness of the terrain.
o Commuter parking from Rast Bros nursery to the S-bend.
o Relative high speed of descending traffic despite speed restrictions.
o Wide range of cycling skills from road-warrior to children.

The advocacy group invites members to offer practical solutions, suggestions or ideas for this part of the route or alternate routes to be considered. Please forward them to kuringgai@bikenorth.org.au"

Foofski

Postby Foofski » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Sorry for resurrecting a 6 month old thread but I think the issues on Kissing Point Rd are still current.

Over the years a number of my friends have had major incidents with cars on this road requiring extensive surgery.

I recommend writing to Councillor Elaine Malicki at Kuringai Council in relation to concerns regarding this road. Mrs Malicki has championed the establishment of cycle paths on kissing point road in the past (and is a local).

http://www.elainemalicki.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ck90

Postby Ck90 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 am

I realise there has been posts on this accident in the fatalities section, but thought it would help to add this here.
A fatality at the bottom of the steep hill between Pacific Highway and Comenarra Parkway, Turramurra: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/friends-colle ... 2witg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I commute up and down here every day and didn't think it was that bad until I heard about the accident and found out it was a high-risk area! Now I remember I almost crashed my bike as a kid (obviously over the age of 12) going down that curvy S-bend for the first time... also a friend actually did and fractured his collarbone. For all the reasons that duncanm mentioned, it is difficult to ride down this section of Kissing Point road without either hurtling down it, riding in the gravelly shoulder, or annoying the traffic behind you.

I wonder what can be done to make a collective effort for change?