M2 Westbound

melfaro

M2 Westbound

Postby melfaro » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 am

Hi,

I currently do my outbound commute via the M2 to Norwest from the Sydney CBD. On weekends, I do rides at the North shore's famous Gorges so I'm looking for a quicker route home.

Would like to know if the access to the M2 via Brown's Waterhole is already open. Thank you in advance.

Rom

duncanm

Re: M2 Westbound

Postby duncanm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:28 pm

you may have more luck in this thread: http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 13&t=62275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Access is open westbound from Lane Cove Rd through to Windsor Rd (according to the stupidly brief information available on the M2 site http://www.hillsm2upgrade.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). No eastbound access past Pennant Hills Rd.

I don't know about Brown's waterhole (west only), but I think Herring Rd is open.

If you're going to the CBD from Turramurra, Kissing Pt Rd, Brown's, then Epping and Gore Hill Fwy paths are probably still your best bet.

queequeg

Re: M2 Westbound

Postby queequeg » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:35 pm

melfaro wrote:Hi,

I currently do my outbound commute via the M2 to Norwest from the Sydney CBD. On weekends, I do rides at the North shore's famous Gorges so I'm looking for a quicker route home.

Would like to know if the access to the M2 via Brown's Waterhole is already open. Thank you in advance.

Rom
No, Eastbound is closed due to rectification works near Browns Waterhole. In addition, the M2 Eastbound between Lane Cove & Delhi Rd is now under construction and has no road .
shoulder.

You'll have to come up through Browns Waterhole and down Vimiera Rd, cross over Epping Rd and turn left up Pembroke Rd and follow the M2 Detour back to Epping Rd/Delhi Rd
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi