Anzac Parade & Bunnerong Road

Nath91

Anzac Parade & Bunnerong Road

Postby Nath91 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Going to be heading for a ride down to La Perouse tomorrow from the Balmain area, and because I'm getting back into cycling, haven't exactly got much road experience. Also not that familiar with Sydney's South-Eastern suburbs as I don't really frequent that area often. My query is how safe is Anzac Parade & Bunnerong Road to cycle along. I've had a quick look on Google Maps and there seems to be cars parked along the side, but I'm not sure if these are No Stopping or clearways at certain times of the day. I'll be leaving at about 11am-ish, and taking roughly an hour and a half to get toe La Perouse via Bunnerong Rd and Glebe, before stopping off and having lunch and returning via Anzac Parade and the City. I'll also be riding with a friend from work, who I don't think has any experience of riding on the road. :?

Whilst I don't have too much of an issue, and have at least a little experience on the road, I'm more worried about my friend and her lack of experience.

Yes - I know I sound like a complete and utter cycling noob - and probably am being judged a lot by some of the more well-experienced road cyclists on here. :oops:

yugyug

Re: Anzac Parade & Bunnerong Road

Postby yugyug » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:32 pm

If time isn't too much of an issue, there are many routes alternative to Anzac Pde or Bunnerong Rd. To be honest I couldn't tell you much about those roads because I almost always use alternative routes. Try mapping your route using a site like Ride the City or Open Cycle Map. Ride the city has a menu from which you can select the 'safety level' of your ride.

http://www.ridethecity.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=13&la ... yers=B0000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;