2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Grgic
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:46 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Grgic » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:40 pm

Thought I was going to hit position 14 today, but it wasn't to be

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Well my chase is coming to an end.... the weather has finally been good enough to get some km in so managed a few 400km commuting weeks but Sunday I came down with a gastro bug so no work Monday and limited km since.... and now I have to go to Wellington next week and then my partner will be here so after months of a distance relationship I prefer to cut the km down and then forced holidays... got close to cracking the 10 and you never know what may happen as I still have a few weeks to go but behind 800km still so I think unlikely .... but has been a fun month with chasing
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

User avatar
Releng
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Hobart Tasmania

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Releng » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:42 am

Congratulations Jason, I am calling 1st locked in for this year.
My GP has forced my hand, no cycling until the swelling on my knee is gone. Sad times indeed, I even had to fill the car up with petrol during the week.
The top 5 is looking pretty set as well. All the action looks like it is the battle for 6th.

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:51 am

disappointing for you releng. and for me. i always had to keep checking over my shoulder

as an FYI - my commuting kms this year would not have got me in the top 3 when gretaboy and tailwind were commuting
Image

westab
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Blacktown, NSW

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:33 pm

jasonc wrote:disappointing for you releng. and for me. i always had to keep checking over my shoulder

as an FYI - my commuting kms this year would not have got me in the top 3 when gretaboy and tailwind were commuting

Yes and I would be lucky to be ion the top 10 rather than the top 5.

Four weeks left on the bike for the year for me and given my speed is beginning to slow and I am feeling fatigued there will be no more extended rides. I'm just about cooked but have made the 7500km target I set for myself this year.

We should try to see if we can get more members for next year and try to get past 30 people riding in the challenge. :D
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:27 pm

westab wrote:We should try to see if we can get more members for next year and try to get past 30 people riding in the challenge. :D

especially with auto upload from garmin connect to endomondo, it's simple. the only manual step is changing the activity to cycling (transport)
Image

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:12 pm

I can see next week being nuts. So I've created this:
https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/31257567

challenge is currently open to anyone in Oz. This rules out TW and cancan. i will close the challenge at the end of Jan and restrict it to current participants. happy to close it all off earlier if everyone joins up quickly.

would like to get kb to look at using the strava "commute" metric
Image

fat and old
Posts: 2787
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:06 pm
Location: Mill Park

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby fat and old » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:25 am

I'm in. I have to redeem myself after this year's somewhat embarrassing end.....

User avatar
Mugglechops
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 pm

I am in again. Looks like I will end up in 11th with only 4 days of work left.
Image

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Mugglechops wrote:I am in again. Looks like I will end up in 11th with only 4 days of work left.


so top 10 next year?
Image

User avatar
Mugglechops
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:01 pm

jasonc wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:I am in again. Looks like I will end up in 11th with only 4 days of work left.


so top 10 next year?


I can try. I drove to work 20 times this year so if I halve that top 10 may be in reach.
Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2274
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:40 am

I need to put my name down for this, so far doing very well this year and still hoping to hang on to third.

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

ironhanglider
Posts: 2198
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Middle East, Melbourne

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby ironhanglider » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:42 am

I signed up,

I don't know how consistent I will be with remembering to turn on two apps for each commute, because I'll still use Strava to track my parts usage, but I hope I can get into the habit, and that my phone battery can sustain it.

Cheers,

Cameron
Image

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:32 pm

ironhanglider wrote:I signed up,

I don't know how consistent I will be with remembering to turn on two apps for each commute, because I'll still use Strava to track my parts usage, but I hope I can get into the habit, and that my phone battery can sustain it.

Cheers,

Cameron


export from strava and import to endomondo. alternatively, buy a garmin. it connects to garmin connect an auto uploads to strava and endomondo
Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2274
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:59 pm

I just do manual uploads from my simple Cateye Strada digital.

Easy enough.

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

ironhanglider
Posts: 2198
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Middle East, Melbourne

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby ironhanglider » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks gents,

The trouble is I don't have even a basic computer on my bikes any more, let alone a Garmin. I don't really want to have to do a manual upload too often.

The good news is that I tested running both apps on the phone today and they worked ok. The battery still had lots of life left when I got home, so it should all be ok as long as I don't use the phone for frivolous stuff during the day. I put the icons next to each other, so I don't tax my memory excessively.

Cheers,

Cameron
Image

User avatar
find_bruce
Posts: 6852
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby find_bruce » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:16 am

Mugglechops wrote:I am in again. Looks like I will end up in 11th with only 4 days of work left.

Thanks for the fun, been a good year. I finish work on Friday so I am not going to catch caneye for 8th. CX commuter still has a chance to bridge the 240km to steal the prize for 9th.

Next year will be good, but I can't see me doubling my commuting to challenge Jasonc :D

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:36 am

find_bruce wrote:Next year will be good, but I can't see me doubling my commuting to challenge Jasonc :D


my commuting numbers were low til about april because of peaks training. the lowest commuting kms for 3 years....
Image

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:40 am

jasonc wrote:I can see next week being nuts. So I've created this:
https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/31257567

challenge is currently open to anyone in Oz. This rules out TW and cancan.


Thats not fair

I changed my profile to Australia and joined anyway.... and I am hoping to back early next year

as for this year, with holidays as of Friday, next week I am now working on my brother in-laws yacht so another week of commuting plus with a full car over christmas I will commute to mother in-laws for christmas and then to the camping spot and maybe home although that will be next year...
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:03 am

cancan64 wrote:
jasonc wrote:I can see next week being nuts. So I've created this:
https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/31257567

challenge is currently open to anyone in Oz. This rules out TW and cancan.


Thats not fair

I changed my profile to Australia and joined anyway.... and I am hoping to back early next year

as for this year, with holidays as of Friday, next week I am now working on my brother in-laws yacht so another week of commuting plus with a full car over christmas I will commute to mother in-laws for christmas and then to the camping spot and maybe home although that will be next year...


i'll remove the restriction when i close the challenge, which will bring you and TW back in. can't believe i didn't mention that
Image

SteveTheTiger
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm
Location: Bonnyrigg

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby SteveTheTiger » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:59 pm

After noticing this challenge for a while, I've decided to sign up for 2017.
My commute to work is about 30 km, but I only do it about once a week. Even if I double that, I won't be much threat to the rest of you. Mainly doing it for extra motivation, so thanks for that! :)

User avatar
Mugglechops
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:24 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Thanks for the fun, been a good year. I finish work on Friday so I am not going to catch caneye for 8th. CX commuter still has a chance to bridge the 240km to steal the prize for 9th.

Next year will be good, but I can't see me doubling my commuting to challenge Jasonc :D


Yes it has been fun. I have briefly made the top 10 with todays 101km commute :D

Last day of work for me tomorrow and I am not back until January 24th so will have some catching up to do.
Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2274
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm thinking I'll aim for 10K next year, which will mean some more commuting KMs but probably more recreational rides. I'll get close this year but not quite.

However, I'm off work after 23 Jan and back on 16 Jan. I'll be starting well behind and it will take months to catch up.

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm not back til the 16th either. We could change the challenge to start in Feb but I think it needs to reward consistency
Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2274
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:42 pm

Calendar year makes sense, I generally get back to work a week or two after the start of January. Always a challenge catching up.

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

Return to “Commuting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cosh