Merida commute bikes

spurdle

Merida commute bikes

Postby spurdle » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:28 am

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a communte bike for my daily ride to work (about 7km each way).

I've narrowed it down to the Merida Urban 100, the Merida Urban 500 or else the Merida Speeder series.

Does anyone know much about these bikes and what the differences are between them. For te amount of riding i'm doing is it worth the higher spec models?

I'm after basically something light, fast, and comfortable.

Thanks,
Sean

jdh500

Re: Merida commute bikes

Postby jdh500 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:50 pm

I purchased 2 Merida 500 speeder series (2015) models, one I set up with 25mm tires with clip in pedals etc. The other one is set up as an e-bike with a rear rack, wider 35mm tyres etc. Both are great to ride. I commute to work on average 3 days a week, mostly on shared cycle ways and back residential streets etc. total daily commute is 7km to 9km each way.

JDH

WhingingPom

Re: Merida commute bikes

Postby WhingingPom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:12 pm

spurdle wrote:Hi,

I'm looking at buying a communte bike for my daily ride to work (about 7km each way).

I've narrowed it down to the Merida Urban 100, the Merida Urban 500 or else the Merida Speeder series.

Does anyone know much about these bikes and what the differences are between them. For te amount of riding i'm doing is it worth the higher spec models?

I'm after basically something light, fast, and comfortable.

Thanks,
Sean
Not one of your choices, but I commute 30km e/w daily on a Merida Ride 7000 Disc - it meets your "light, fast, and comfortable" requirements :lol:

Not familiar with any of the models you've listed, but if you're planning to commute in inclement weather, make sure you have hydraulic disc brakes.