Reporting Road Rage Incidents

march83

Reporting Road Rage Incidents

Postby march83 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:05 am

So this morning I was abused by the driver of a car. I did nothing wrong from a legal perspective. I may have delayed his journey by a matter of seconds. The driver shouted at me, under-took me through a corner, swerved into my path and stopped in front of me, I presume to try to escalate the situation or assault me, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm tempted to take this to the police because I ride down the street where this happened like clockwork on a regular schedule. The problem is that I don't have the license plate for the car. I saw the driver clearly (he was in a convertible) and I'd probably recognize him again and I know the make and model of the car. Also he pulled out of a driveway (he was half into the street when I rode past him, then he pulled in behind me and started getting angry) so I have a vague idea of where he lives (or at least where he was coming from) but not precisely.

So is there any point taking this to the police? I feel like there's not enough detail for them to be able to do anything...

P!N20

Re: Reporting Road Rage Incidents

Postby P!N20 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:19 am

march83 wrote:So is there any point taking this to the police? I feel like there's not enough detail for them to be able to do anything...
I highly doubt the police will be interested. Even if you had a rego number I don't think they would do anything unless you were physically harmed during the altercation.

If you get a rego numer you could report it via Crimestoppers as a hoon/driving offence, but I'm not sure if that would amount to anything.

earlybird

Re: Reporting Road Rage Incidents

Postby earlybird » Wed May 03, 2017 11:26 am

If you are in Queensland you can report incidents via: https://www.police.qld.gov.au/apps/repo ... Complaint/

I report everything I think needs reporting, whether the police do anything or not - it's on record then and shows precedence if required later. I have also had great success with the issues I have reported, with and without video evidence.

I feel compelled to report dangerous actions for the benefit of myself, my family and my friends. It frustrates me when cyclists complain to me about incidents but they choose to do nothing about it. Losing 3 demerit points and $365 (Qld) is a helpful deterrent and helps to spread the word when they whinge about it to others.