Shower wipes/baby wipes

BugsBunny

Shower wipes/baby wipes

Postby BugsBunny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Anyone using baby wipes or shower wipes (e.g. ShowerPill) as an alternative to a shower at the end of their commute into work?

Just wondering how many folks use this approach and whether its a pragmatic alternative.

Bugs

BugsBunny

Re: Shower wipes/baby wipes

Postby BugsBunny » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

I bought some Huggies baby wipes and gave it a try. About AUD$6 for 80 wipes from memory.

I first used a towel to wipe myself dry. You might need to do this twice or thrice as your body continues to sweat. The baby wipes are thin so scrumple up, but when held and wiped in a certain direction it wasn't too bad. I'm bald headed so no problems with the wipe down in that department. About four baby wipes will suffice.

march83

Postby march83 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:14 pm

I used to use a wet chux cloth and follow it up with isocol. Worked pretty well. Baby wipes are going to produce a lot of waste.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:19 pm

BugsBunny wrote:Anyone using baby wipes or shower wipes (e.g. ShowerPill) as an alternative to a shower at the end of their commute into work?

Just wondering how many folks use this approach and whether its a pragmatic alternative.

Bugs
We have showers at work, so lucky there.

I guess it also depends on how sweaty you get ?

We have people that cycle in (don't know how far or hard they ride), but then just get changed into work clobber. :shock: :o

BugsBunny

Postby BugsBunny » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Thanks guys.

I kind of felt guilty with the waste produced by the baby wipes. But I got some grief from the ground staff saying I wasn't renting the football field so I shouldn't be using the showers! :-( I need to register to get a locker key each time too. The alternative is to not get a locker but then I run the risk of getting my wallet knicked!

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 pm

I have sometimes use them when short of water when free-camping. Not perfect but it's a solution.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 am

Luckily I have a locker and shower at work, but I only sometimes use wipes instead of a shower when the commute was so cold I didn't sweat, or hardly at all, and don't warrant a proper shower. Wipe the downstairs regions and maybe the forehead (forehead first :D then good to go.

But in anything even remotely warm eg 10C or above, I'd sweat too much and need a shower.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!