Triathlon entry fees (Perth)

From bike riding in your bathers to making the distance

Triathlon entry fees (Perth)

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:53 pm

I know that everyone knows that I am a total tight@rse but I was wondering if triathlons are expensive outside WA.

The West Australian Summer Triathlon Series Race 1: Power Station Triathlon is coming up and has a Sprint Triathlon which I am interested in (Swim 400m: Cycle 20km : Run 4km) or maybe even the Super Sprint Triathlon (Swim 1000m : Cycle 30km : Run 6km). Anyhoo, the entry fee for the Sprint / Super Sprint is $70 which I think is a bit steep. It's cheaper to do race 1 and race 2 and pay together: $110 for both but that is still on the expensive side.

So, how much are your local triathlons (up to sprint distance, not oly or half IM)? I would be prepared to pay a lot more for a half because it is a one off event and has huge logistics. A series on Perth at full cost would be $350.
<removed by request>
casual_cyclist

by BNA » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:40 pm

BNA

Re: Triathlon entry fees (Perth)

Postby whitey » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Sprints over here (NSW) are pretty similarly priced. www.eliteenergy.com.au does a series you can check the prices yourself.
whitey

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:59 pm

whitey wrote:Sprints over here (NSW) are pretty similarly priced. http://www.eliteenergy.com.au does a series you can check the prices yourself.

Waa! Yeah! :( I am hoping our series prices are better than that.

From memory the Victorian triathlons were much cheaper...
<removed by request>
casual_cyclist

Postby Undertow » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:29 am

thats about the same as it costs in queensland aswell, i assume its due to all the road closures that have to be done.

at least triathlon australia membership is only like 70 bucks a year. unlike cycling australia which is about 200 bucks and is whats stopping me from trying out competitive cycling.
Undertow

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Undertow wrote:thats about the same as it costs in queensland aswell, i assume its due to all the road closures that have to be done.

at least triathlon australia membership is only like 70 bucks a year. unlike cycling australia which is about 200 bucks and is whats stopping me from trying out competitive cycling.

In Perth you can enter races as a trial for a one off fee. From memory it was pretty reasonable.
<removed by request>
casual_cyclist

Return to Triathlon