Where have all the Trannies gone ?

Ken Ho

Where have all the Trannies gone ?

Postby Ken Ho » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:42 am

Unless it's just me, but the site is dead at present.
What gives ?
You have officially become your parents.

moosterbounce

Re: Where have all the Trannies gone ?

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm still cruising around. Not actually a tranny yet, but working on it. Historically, I've had shin issues and was told I shouldn't run, so I'm ignoring that :P and building slowly. Unfortunately though, although the shin has been fine, I've struggled with ITB issues. I managed to get to 5kms, then the leg died, but with physio and strength exercises, my last run was 4x1km with a 250m walk in between. It's a long slow process, but I'll now start lengthening the run parts and reducing the walks.

It affected my ride too, resulting in less power output from one leg and a feeling thatbi was "limping" while pedalling. That's improving too.

As the physio said, my leg has been working this was for 18-24 months, so it will take a bit to teach it to work another way.

I've upgraded the bike and, despite some eye rolling by friends, I'm happy with it - oppy TT7 at a fabulous price. I've had it on the road twice and it feels like I've been riding it forever. Straight away totally comfortable. It may not be the fastest out there, but comfort is more important for me. I'm planning to finish, not win.

My goal was to include swimming into the mix when I could successfully run 10km without my leg falling off. I'm hoping by Christmas I'll be in this position, all being well. Ultimate goal is 70.3, but thinking of starting small, although a sprint format won't suit my Clydesdale-ness :)

So that's my story!! Gives you something to read anyway :D

Meanwhile I'll keep pedalling and attacking the treadmill, taking the little wins when I can.

bpmhigh

Postby bpmhigh » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Ken Ho wrote:Unless it's just me, but the site is dead at present.
What gives ?
Yep, dead for me too.

I suspect the words "suspended" and "please contact us" point to a bill not being paid but I could be wrong.

Whatever you do, dont get back on there when it's up and scream and complain - you will be told in excruciating detail of the difficulties of running such a site and be offered the job of moderating!

What's your next event Ken..? Coming to Canberra anytime soon?

Ken Ho

Postby Ken Ho » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:26 pm

No Canberra for me. I'm signed up for IM Cairns next June, but nothing else at present. I might do the Hervey Bay Hundy. I was going to do the Fitz Extreme, but I have not been able to do any trianing recently, between work and winter lurgi. I'll see how I go over the next few weeks and decide. I have doine no swiumming for the last 3 weeks while here i Mackay.
Looking a TT bikes. The venerable P3 is attracting my attention. See if I get a tax return.
I shall not complain about Trannies going down. I appreciate the issues. Trev runs a nice site.
You have officially become your parents.

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:04 am

Ken Ho wrote:No Canberra for me. I'm signed up for IM Cairns next June, but nothing else at present. I might do the Hervey Bay Hundy. I was going to do the Fitz Extreme, but I have not been able to do any trianing recently, between work and winter lurgi. I'll see how I go over the next few weeks and decide. I have doine no swiumming for the last 3 weeks while here i Mackay.
Looking a TT bikes. The venerable P3 is attracting my attention. See if I get a tax return.
I shall not complain about Trannies going down. I appreciate the issues. Trev runs a nice site.
G'Day Ken. Too busy training to do much posting... ;)

We'll be doing Yeppoon 70.3 & Canberra 70.3 this year and Cairns Ironman next year will be our first full Ironman. Might see you there! Yeppoon will be our first solo race (we've done relay team legs before).

Cheers,

Paul.
My bike is heavier than your bike. :D

yarravalleyplodder

Postby yarravalleyplodder » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:27 pm

I did 2 tri's last summer and plan to do 2 to 3 this summer

I have been focussing on training for my half marathon and 250km around the bay events, both only 7 days apart in October :o

Once I complete them I will map out the next few months and work out what events I will be doing over summer leading up to the run for kids which signifies a shift into winter events for me (even though R4K will be mid March :shock: )
2011 Felt F75
2012 Fuji Nevada 2.0

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Well, I did it. My first triathlon... ever.

I completed the Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon in 5:34:26 which I'm pretty happy about. I wrote about it here.
My bike is heavier than your bike. :D

Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 pm

nitramluap wrote:Well, I did it. My first triathlon... ever.

I completed the Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon in 5:34:26 which I'm pretty happy about. I wrote about it [url=<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" href="http://www.sydneycyclist.com/profiles/b ... -triathlon]here[/url" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>sydneycyclist</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>profiles</span><span>/</span><span>blogs</span><span>/</span><span>my</span><span>-</span><span>first</span><span>-</span><span>triathlon</span><span>]</span><span>here</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>].
Nice story, I was meant to race Yeppoon but injuries and bad luck prevailed... broke my chain stay (4 weeks to fix), got an infected toe, followed by a cold and we'll finish it of with a sinus infection.

Racing at Mandurah 70.3 this October, I run my own website and freelance for other people, so I'm a bit busy.

johnnyc

Postby johnnyc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:38 am

Well, I'm just coming back to this after completing my first marathon at the Gold Coast.

Next challenge is the Mooloolaba tri, which I just picked up my new training/racing bike in the form of a Venge.

Hope to see more activity now as the racing season starts to kick off.