The training thread: How was yours? (today/yesterday/etc)

skull

Re: The training thread: How was yours? (today/yesterday/etc

Postby skull » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:54 am

saw a whole bunch of riders out doing secret training this morning.

Twiz...

boss

Postby boss » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

99km and 1900m up this morning.

Got a bit excited early, PRed two climbs early in the piece. Which is nice and all, but made for a very long and painful 99km!

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:49 pm

skull wrote:saw a whole bunch of riders out doing secret training this morning.

Twiz...
Unless I was on the blue Ribble with one other rider... wasn't me!

Did the loop out to Lake George yesterday... pissing competition on every hill, and because there wasn't any steep stuff I only lost on the short ones. So - I'm going to get smashed next time we do Corin as punishment for yesterday. :oops:

Did Sutton bridge this morning... another puncture. An epic saga in itself, THREE Co2 carts to get back on the road.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

skull

Postby skull » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:11 pm

It was you alright.

It seems every time I head out to the lake it feels like a head wind out and a head wind back.

Annoying.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:17 pm

DOMS DOMS DOMS :oops:

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Lets see, went on group ride Saturday morning, set seven strava PBs out of 16 for the loop and did some good sprint times. Sunday went crit racing, worked hard for no real results. So today running late on commute, did a 17.5km section in under 30 minutes for only the second time in 120 rides, then after 20 odd minutes of recovery via various detours and a CX sandpit, rolled off a 6 minute VO2max and 2nd best time for another Strava sector ridden over 100 times. So yes, it was good

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:25 pm

toolonglegs wrote:DOMS DOMS DOMS :oops:
Are you SURE this time?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:32 pm

twizzle wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:DOMS DOMS DOMS :oops:
Are you SURE this time?
Yeah, thighs are killing me...and not just in the hamstring area. It's amazing how a one hour long CX race can trash you so hard!. I realize that if I want to break into the top 10 I will have to work hard for next October :lol: . Not only lose another 10kgs at least... but start running again, something I haven't done since my last rugby game ( semi pro in France in 1994 :lol: )... and running steps a lot... and training really specifically for CX, transitions especially... problem is I will never be a master of this discipline but it is so addictive!.

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:32 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Yeah, thighs are killing me...and not just in the hamstring area. It's amazing how a one hour long CX race can trash you so hard!. I realize that if I want to break into the top 10 I will have to work hard for next October :lol: . Not only lose another 10kgs at least... but start running again, something I haven't done since my last rugby game ( semi pro in France in 1994 :lol: )... and running steps a lot... and training really specifically for CX, transitions especially... problem is I will never be a master of this discipline but it is so addictive!.
You are a skirt TLL and you'll never lose that 10kg. You are too soft.

skull

Postby skull » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm

winstonw wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Yeah, thighs are killing me...and not just in the hamstring area. It's amazing how a one hour long CX race can trash you so hard!. I realize that if I want to break into the top 10 I will have to work hard for next October :lol: . Not only lose another 10kgs at least... but start running again, something I haven't done since my last rugby game ( semi pro in France in 1994 :lol: )... and running steps a lot... and training really specifically for CX, transitions especially... problem is I will never be a master of this discipline but it is so addictive!.
You are a skirt TLL and you'll never lose that 10kg. You are too soft.
Yeah, may as well go eat some cheese burgers because you are that weak.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:00 pm

:lol: oh you are such motivators!.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 pm

hmm.. xmas break. planning some training rides. have already programmed a 200k route into garmin connect :)

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 pm

92.0 Kg. :mrgreen:

jamesn184

Postby jamesn184 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:50 am

I did 110km, first 30 odd km I spent in the drops pushing 40 km/hr then for a good 70km I spent riding with a mate pacing him as he's getting his fitness back which left me with bit of gas left to push home at a decent pace.. Did notice my hr sitting around 150 for the last 24 ish k's
I still had my thermal top on and couldn't be bothered taking it off, so would this up my hr by a little?

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:06 am

haven't been on the bike for 8 days. Pesky flu bug hanging around. Have missed two races and a 160 with the lads....and probably put on a couple of kg.
hmmm.... :cry:

boss

Postby boss » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:53 pm

This morning did 57km with 998 or 999m elevation. Felt like death, just sapped of energy today. Took it easy.

Clocked 27km and 300m at lunch. Very relaxed ride, 23kmp/h average rather than the usual 27-30kmph. Was nice to get out and smell the roses, so to speak.

Will do my 7km commute home tonight, I suspect it will be pretty relaxed unless I get that ever elusive tailwind.

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 pm

bronte hil repeats today, happy to do strava pr's all round :D
Cervelo R5
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 am

Very nearly jumped on the rollers today... but I knew it wouldn't be great as I wasn't motivated. So I headed out in the rain for 2.5 hours, pretty cold damp feet by the end and my knees were suffering a bit but it was better than being inside!. Just plodded out the k's... DOM's are gone from the weekend but still feeling tired
22 kms is my closest descent climb ( the main part of the climb is 6.5kms at 5.5 %, all up is 9kms )... going to have to do some serious k's if I want to do 200,000 meters climbing next year :lol: .

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 am

Only 26km yesterday afternoon without much climbing. I got away late. Did try and nab a KOM on a 6km strava segment but fell short. Averaged 36.3km/h. Still some work to do on that.

But I'm starting to feel stronger - and I'm seeing improvements. I'll keep trying. :)

poohkies

Postby poohkies » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 pm

upped my average for my ride home buy 1.4 km/h and managed to beat my ride home time by 1minute 10 :)

very happy

boss

Postby boss » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:48 pm

39km this morning with 1000m elevation, good pacey ride and PRed the 500m 20% section.

Lunch and afternoon rides were productive trips running errands rather than riding for ridings sake. In standard shoes on SPD pedals. The worst.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:31 am

A good ride yesterday of 30km - got a KOM on one of my favourite 1.3km hills too, averaged 37.2km/h up there. Rest of the ride got really windy - strong headwind. Overall, 27.6km/h average.

I didn't ride today - I was quite tired.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:05 am

Another day off yesterday :( ... missing way too many days lately.
Today 2 hours ride time on the rollers, kept it at 40kmph the whole time, enough that with a big fan and cold room the sweat was still pouring off the whole time... two 40 minute stints and two 20 minute ones, stopped 5 min in between to stretch, dry off and get some feeling back in my privates.
2 CX Superprestige races on youtube for motivation :D .
Found a CX race 100kms away on Saturday... might be pushing it a bit to sneak away that long, but 2 weeks school hols starts on Monday so I might have an excuse :P .

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:37 pm

After TT on Wednesday (1st ever on TT bike - neither me nor bike ready for it), 40km with 25kph gusting to 35kph crosswinds on a singlespeed yesterday, it was going to be recovery ride/endurance pace this morning's commute.

Wrong within 5 minutes, it was threshold pace, less than 10 minutes later onto the PSP, decided to see if I could keep it up for another 10 minutes, then another 10 minutes, then it was until Farrington road (another 10 minutes), put in couple more minutes extra to the end of the PSP.

Next section, lots of corners, lights, cars and. a slipping rear QR. Finally PSP section on river, practice my sprinting 400m at 45kph (not 48kph strava) slowed by traffic, got caught by faster rider (or not riding that far), sat on his wheel, slowed by traffic, had to sprint to get back on, repeat x3 - good chasing down breakaway practice.

Now legs feel like hell and have 60km+ fast group ride for tomorrow, at least not racing for 2 weeks.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Don't be puttin two hurt days together Nickobec, especially when you have another ride or race day straight after. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km