Vomit

The foundations for successful riding

Vomit

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:50 am

So glad it was raining in todays race today...why...well yes it does keep me cool,yes I do like difficult conditions...but best of all it washes off the vomit!...I threw up over myself about 10 times today,something didn't sit well in my tummy...they were just mouth size burps but they were chunky :lol: !.
So to the race...I thought it was going to be flat today...but it wasn't :roll: ...18 laps of torture!...a total war of attrition,of the 80 who started only about 30-40 finished and I so didn't think I would be one of them.Didn't place (20th?) but was very happy with my performance...only got dropped once but managed to get back on :D ...I must have looked like a tit rolling to the front for the hardest climb every lap but it allowed me to get up to the top without hammering myself by dropping back thru the bunch but not out the back!.
And check out the numbers! :D .
Race time 2h.08m.12s. 36.7kmph av....norm power for entire race 350w
Peak 5 min norm power 442w
Peak 10 min norm power 416w
Peak 20 min norm power 387w
Peak 60 min norm power 374w :D :D :D
Cheers Coach :wink: .
toolonglegs

by BNA » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:36 am

BNA

Re: Vomit

Postby colafreak » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:36 am

You're a monstrosity, TLL. Lovely work.
Please pardon my ignorableness
colafreak

Postby othy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:48 am

I've been known to have a quiet moment on the side of the road by myself, but have only once succumbed while still on the bike.

60+ km/h on the Magic mile (near loftus coming back from waterfall). Not exactly safe to stop, so over my shoulder it went. Luckily I was in a little 4 person breakaway off the front of the peleton and had just rolled to the back. Managed to come away unsoiled, but got dropped in the process. Was feeling pretty good that day, so not sure what happened, but probably involved attacking and excessive spinning in 50x12 (my biggest gear :(). Recovered quickly and still enjoyed the rest of the ride.
othy

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:48 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Cheers Coach :wink: .

For the good numbers or the vomit? :lol:
Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:02 pm

:lol: lucky i didn't try the betroot juice before racing today...that wouldn't have looked good!.
toolonglegs

Postby drubie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:25 pm

toolonglegs wrote::lol: lucky i didn't try the betroot juice before racing today...that wouldn't have looked good!.

I going to have to seriously HTFU to approach an actual on-bike vomit. I've had a couple of cooldown near-vomit experiences after some big efforts, but no actual spillage.

You could, however, become legendary if you take up the beetroot juice. How much fear could you put into your competitors if it looked like you barfed blood and still beat them :twisted:
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.
drubie

Postby grosry » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:47 pm

big night sat night mate! :mrgreen:
nice numbers too! :D
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take it's place. If I quit however, it will last forever." - Lance Armstrong
grosry

Postby zozza » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:08 am

Saw the title and thought hmmm..TLL does ITT :oops:
zozza

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:16 pm

zozza wrote:Saw the title and thought hmmm..TLL does ITT :oops:

I actually may do one at the end of the month...just for the numbers...no chance of a win as there will be so many fully kitted TT rigs there it wouldn't be funny... they love spending their money on bikes here!....one day I hope to hold 400w av power for 20 minutes...30w better than my best ever...so maybe that day is coming!.
...or maybe I will find a crit :oops:
toolonglegs

Return to Training