Sufferfest

The foundations for successful riding

Sufferfest

Postby stevecassidy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:19 am

Since the weather isn't cooperating at the moment I just finished a session on the trainer in the garage accompanied by a video downloaded from Sufferfest (http://www.thesufferfest.com/). I've not seen the site mentioned here so I thought I'd post a link. The guy puts together nice cycling footage with reasonable music and makes them available for free (though there is talk on his site about a subscription in the future).

The current one includes 15 reps of 1x1 minute intervals which I found challenging - managed to get to 13 before I decided I needed to cool down to get to work (my excuse).

Worth a try.

Steve
Where's your next race? cabici.net lists bike races in Sydney
stevecassidy

by BNA » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:23 am

BNA

Re: Sufferfest

Postby Mattsbike » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks for the link, Steve.

Looks as though the Newcastle weather will force me onto the trainer tomorrow...will give it a look.

Matt
Matt
Mattsbike

Postby JV911 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:24 am

thanks for the link - bring on the pain!
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

JV911

Postby tripstobaltimore » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:27 pm

I've seen these before, never tried one though. Ive done a fair few spinervals so I might give one a shot and compare. The weather's conming good though, so the trainer will be collecting dust for a while!
tripstobaltimore

Postby ghettro » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:34 pm

stevecassidy wrote:The current one includes 15 reps of 1x1 minute intervals which I found challenging - managed to get to 13 before I decided I needed to cool down to get to work (my excuse).

Worth a try.

Steve

I've been doing them every now and then for a while. The 15 x 1min intervals is tough, towards the end I start to fade and then give it all on the last one. Then I'm basically dead :)
ghettro

Postby puffdaddy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:02 am

These 1 min (AT) 100%, 1 min recovery,,? I might try that I have been doing 90 seconds at 100%, 2 min spinning,10-15 times,Find it harder than the 100 km circuit I do at around 75% and takes me longer to recover,Should I be doing 100 % intervals which takes me close to vo2 max ? or have I got it all wrong :| Hope I have coz its kill'n me :o
Mike
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Bike 2011 Scott ,,all good
Genius 27 sp flat bar ,modified with aerobars etc a strange beast but love it ,,kicks ass
puffdaddy

Return to Training