Turbo Studio

The foundations for successful riding

Turbo Studio

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 am

[blatant plug mode]

New indoor training studio set up in Sydney using power controlled ergo measurement via Computrainers for some excellent indoor training sessions:
http://www.turbostudio.com.au/

Sessions commence Feb 2010.

[/blatant plug mode]
Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

by BNA » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:46 pm

BNA

Re: Turbo Studio

Postby pine » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi Alex,
I have been given the go ahead to ride in 2 weeks; I am planning on starting your turbo sessions once a week. My question is: Can I bring the bike with 650c wheels to the studio? Will it still work with your equipment or do we all use different powers for the class. I am not allowed to overload my back but I am not even sure if pushing big gears does overload it , as it is purely leg strength, not lifting weights type2 of training.
pine

Postby othy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Just a tip for your website - I wanted to see your location, found it under contacts. It would be good if the address could be copied, or linked to googlemaps. Using an image for the address was very annoying.

Otherwise - looks interesting.
othy

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:38 pm

pine wrote:Hi Alex,
I have been given the go ahead to ride in 2 weeks; I am planning on starting your turbo sessions once a week. My question is: Can I bring the bike with 650c wheels to the studio? Will it still work with your equipment or do we all use different powers for the class. I am not allowed to overload my back but I am not even sure if pushing big gears does overload it , as it is purely leg strength, not lifting weights type2 of training.

I'm checking on the wheels but I think they'll be OK. As mentioned - the threshold for each individual can be set to suit individual fitness level. We can drop yours down to start with so as not to overload you and bring it up as you improve.
Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:39 pm

othy wrote:Just a tip for your website - I wanted to see your location, found it under contacts. It would be good if the address could be copied, or linked to googlemaps. Using an image for the address was very annoying.

Otherwise - looks interesting.

Thanks for that - have passed onto webmaster Jo!
Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby pine » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:I'm checking on the wheels but I think they'll be OK. As mentioned - the threshold for each individual can be set to suit individual fitness level. We can drop yours down to start with so as not to overload you and bring it up as you improve.

That is great news, thanks, just let me know about the wheel size, I should be ready to start once the kids are back at school
pine

Return to Training