FTDI Drivers? Golden Cheetah Err

The foundations for successful riding

FTDI Drivers? Golden Cheetah Err

Postby RobRollin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Ive installed GC but when I try and download from device I get a you may need to re install FTDI drivers. FTd2xx.dl couldn't load library.

Anyone else with this problem and know a way around it?
RobRollin

by BNA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:13 pm

BNA

Re: FTDI Drivers? Golden Cheetah Err

Postby RobRollin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Exactly what am I looking at in WKO? Ive got ally the data from my 10k outing today. Lots of new numbers to study!! :shock:
RobRollin

Re: FTDI Drivers? Golden Cheetah Err

Postby twizzle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:39 pm

The FTDI drivers (which is just a USB->serial interface) should have been installed with the PowerAgent software. Personally, I prefer Golden Cheetah, but WKO+ does have a nice interface for zooming into the data.

With either package you need to establish a FTP number before anything else makes sense. IF (intensity factor), TSS (stress score) and the performance manager screen need the FTP number and about six weeks of data.

So... take it easy for a couple of days and do a 2 x 20 (ten minute rest) or the Carmichael 2 x 8 (five minute rest) and plug a number in - you can refine it later. Going from memory here, you take 10% off the Carmichael number to get FTP. The Carmichael test is easier (ie. doesn't require as much discipline) - build into effort for the first minute, hammer the last minute flat out, rinse.. repeat... take .9 times the highest average as the estimated FTP. I've done both and gotten similar numbers out.
I ride, therefore I am.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...
twizzle

Return to Training