sufferfest training vids

The foundations for successful riding

sufferfest training vids

Postby Parrott » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Got onto a couple of these for those of you who are time poor and do a bit of trainer work. Seem alright, I just watched the sufferfest fightclub dvd and might have a crack tomorrow. Some good race footage on them, music's not my taste but I probably won't be able to hear that over my noisy cheap trainer anyway.:x :lol:
Parrott

by BNA » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:38 pm

BNA

Re: sufferfest training vids

Postby Parrott » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Did Fightclub today, bit slack yesterday. The music isn't so bad when you are hammering yourself, helps keep you motivated. It has footage of Cadels successful attack and breakaway in the '09 world championship and plenty of footage of the tt world champs also. I had my polar going and matched my cadence with Cancellara. He tt's at 110-115 rpm :shock: , what a machine. Has warm up footage of Yarra river bike path in Melb.

All in all very good, I think I'll be getting a few more. :)
Parrott

Postby JV911 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:41 pm

<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

JV911

Postby jacks1071 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Parrott wrote:Got onto a couple of these for those of you who are time poor and do a bit of trainer work. Seem alright, I just watched the sufferfest fightclub dvd and might have a crack tomorrow. Some good race footage on them, music's not my taste but I probably won't be able to hear that over my noisy cheap trainer anyway.:x :lol:

I just did the Local Hero one - its a pretty hardcore session if done properly! Definitely an easy day tommorow.

The video's arn't bad - the way you download them is pretty low-tech and I had issues with the download which they sorted out via email. Also the resolution is pretty average on a 42" TV but they do say they are designed for a computer screen.

Overall good for the money but they do have room for improvement - I think I prefer the Spinervals ones that I've done but in saying that I will probably buy the rest of the sufferest collection since they are so cheap and it did give me the motivation to do a hard session!
Our Website is: http://www.pro-liteoz.com Find us on Facebook by searching for "Pro-Lite Australia"
jacks1071

Postby Myddraal » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:01 pm

The Downward Spiral doesn't even have any NIN in the sound track. What is that? I am disappoint.
Myddraal

Postby Axel Brawn » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:46 pm

I can't say enough good things about these vids

Good structure for road racing - great footage - motivational - Dave, the creator is a top bloke - each one is better than the next.

Be careful not to do too many in a week though, as with any high intensity interval sessions. That being said, back when it was just three vids there were stories of guys doing all three back to back revolver-fightclub-downward spiral

Get involved.
Axel Brawn

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Axel Brawn wrote:I can't say enough good things about these vids

Good structure for road racing - great footage - motivational - Dave, the creator is a top bloke - each one is better than the next.

Be careful not to do too many in a week though, as with any high intensity interval sessions. That being said, back when it was just three vids there were stories of guys doing all three back to back revolver-fightclub-downward spiral

Get involved.

I did Local Hero with a power metre and there was no-way I could have done anymore. I was a mess and was so happy when it finally finished!
Our Website is: http://www.pro-liteoz.com Find us on Facebook by searching for "Pro-Lite Australia"
jacks1071

Postby Semar » Wed May 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Just listened to the sound track of Revolver. If it is a drummer and not a drum machine, THAT would be a workout! :wink:
It’s more like our thoughts are thinking us than we are thinking them.
Semar

Postby DanielS » Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 am

Myddraal wrote:The Downward Spiral doesn't even have any NIN in the sound track. What is that? I am disappoint.

I believe that it used to! The Sufferfest started out as free videos - originally The Downward Spiral had a NIN soundtrack, and Revolver was called 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' and had the Smiths! But when they started getting popular he had to redo all the music and footage because he didn't have legal rights to it. I think at that stage he decided to start selling them. The music on the new videos is more unknown stuff, presumably because its a lot cheaper to license.

Agree that these are great videos, the best trainer videos I've seen anyway. Did Fight Club this morning :)
DanielS

Postby Zac150 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:07 pm

The are great video's, seriously hard stuff. I have fight club, local hero and the hunted.

The hunted is by far the best yet, good storey, great footage and an excellent workout.

But as stated above, their is no way I could do too many of these sessions in a week. I have actually started to break them into 30 minute sessions to make them more manageable.
Zac150

Return to Training