HOw big is big enough - fan for use with indoor trainer?

Hugor

Re: HOw big is big enough - fan for use with indoor trainer?

Postby Hugor » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:40 am

ft_critical wrote:I run a portable Air-conditioner plus one fan. Portable AC are cheaper than the industrial fans, I don't know why more people don't snap them up instead. Mine has my screen, computer and sound system sitting on top of it. Too cold for use in winter though.

I'm interested for a friend who's always complaining about this. What model do you use?

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:59 am

Hugor wrote:
ft_critical wrote:I run a portable Air-conditioner plus one fan. Portable AC are cheaper than the industrial fans, I don't know why more people don't snap them up instead. Mine has my screen, computer and sound system sitting on top of it. Too cold for use in winter though.

I'm interested for a friend who's always complaining about this. What model do you use?

Hello Hugor, I am envious of your training cave!

I use a Calibra,which is very old. But I noticed from a cursory look on ebay there are some much better air conditioners than mine for around 100 dollars.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:19 am

Different maths to me... fan of doom 200, AC is 350 (and you'd get the 440 dollar one just in case). Interested though, once I get over my current lack of interest in the trainer :lol:

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:37 pm

I bought one of these yesterday. It's a massive thing, probably *too* big.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/dynabreeze-7 ... l_p4448701

Anyway, I did a two hour sufferfest session today and with it on the minimum setting it is the first time ever I've been cold on the trainer. It is also the first time ever I didn't leave a pool of sweat on the garage floor. In fact I got off the bike dry.

Come winter, I think I'm going to have to wear a windproof jacket! :shock: