Training for a race next weekend

MarkD_83

Training for a race next weekend

Postby MarkD_83 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Hello everyone,
I have my first 65km race this Sunday coming up. It's meant to rain most of this week. I was wondering if anyone know what type of training I should do this week? on my indoor trainer.

foo on patrol

Re: Training for a race next weekend

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Just do some interval training over say 45/60mins.

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

toolonglegs

Re: Training for a race next weekend

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:29 pm

As with everything...it depends :D
1 week to go is too late to get any real gains.
Depends where you are at with your training, how hard you think you will find the race, do you want to taper for it or just keep in line with your training.

My week looked like this...
Last weekend,Sunday was the end a of 5 days hard, Monday off, Tuesday a medium paced 65km with one hard 5 minute climb and the rest tempo, Wed was 95km hard with hard climbs and tempo the whole way, Thursday was also 60km pretty high pace, Friday off, Saturday tune up - 60 km with 30km with the club in the middle pretty hard pace (35kmph on hilly course) and short very hard efforts and gentle cruise home... today 72km race. Not tapering for it as I am not going to win and don't want to back off my training so I just incorporate it in. So I am starting not completely rested but not exhausted either.
Walking out the door in 30minutes...woohoo..race time :D .
BTW... get out in the rain to train!.