Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:54 pm
Now that I'm down to around 102kg I can spend a little bit more time in the drops without puffing myself out
Will this get better as I drop all the way down to 85? or is there a way to "condition" yourself to spend long amounts of time in the drops..
- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 pm
- Location: Gold Coast
the less "non-essential " body mass you have restricting your diaphragm whist in the drops , then the easier it will be to breathe.
this opinion is based on some assumptions and by no means was intended to offend.
Well done on the 22kg loss BTW.
- Posts: 996
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:36 pm
- Posts: 1528
- Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:05 am
Barely use them at all any more. I think it's because my bars are a lot lower now. I wonder if a lot of peoples drops are too low for them....
Staying in the drops is a mixture of setup and flexibility.
- Posts: 997
- Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 pm
- Location: Gold Coast (nth)
- Posts: 15451
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
- Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!
Core strength will come in to play on how long you can stay there comfortably.
The smaller your gut is the less weight will be hanging straight down putting pressure on your lower back.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.