Garmin training plans?

The foundations for successful riding

Garmin training plans?

Postby rolandgillead » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Hey folks,

I bought a Garmin Edge 510 a little while ago. I've been monitoring the Garmin Connect site for new training plans - they all seem oriented towards triathlons or running, and unless I'm missing something obvious I can't find anything tailored for road cyclists?

I want to use my Garmin to its full potential and leverage the training plan upload to the device. I'm not all that interested in mucking about with iPhone apps seeing as I have great training hardware.

Any advice/guidance? I've seen that TrainingPeaks has an ability to buy training apps - I was (perhaps naively) hoping for something a bit more on the free side, perhaps provided by Garmin would be nice!

Cheers
GC
rolandgillead

by BNA » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:06 pm

BNA

Re: Garmin training plans?

Postby rolandgillead » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:06 pm

/bump

Any ideas ? Couldn't find much in the way of previous posts on this subject - surely I'm not the only one with this question?
rolandgillead

Postby nescius » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:48 pm

There are some free rudimentary training plans here - http://www.bicycling.com/bicycling-get-downloads

If you are looking for some sort of pre-prepared workout file that you can upload to your garmin and follow, then I don't like your chances. I haven't seen anything like that, but it should be easy enough to create them using the tool on garmin connect and then send them to your device.
Giant Trance | Giant Reign 3 | Trek 8000 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack | Fuji Track 1.1
nescius

Postby thomo73 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:43 pm

I also have Garment Edge 510 and have set my training as interval on connect website then sent to Garmin.
Oppy Just Gets Better
2012 Oppy A5
2010 Norco Kokanne
thomo73

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 pm

We have semi custom training plans (which we think are excellent of course) but they are not free, nor have upload direct to Garmin, but I'm sure they can be converted if there is a standard format of some kind.
We use our own on-line system.
http://www.rstsport.com/event-training- ... -plans.htm
Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Return to Training