KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby jasonc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:37 am

this one came up in my KOM defender report this week - https://www.strava.com/activities/790964925/analysis
switch to time view and it's brainless to see that the rider forgot to turn strava off after mountain biking.
Image

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby jasonc » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:56 am

got these two this week:
https://www.strava.com/activities/796592998
this one was simple to flag. check out the HR. no way he's doing 100km/h at 50-70bpm

i got this one
https://www.strava.com/activities/796352824
this is a gps error. he's a pro. i'm not keen to flag it
Image

User avatar
Comedian
Posts: 5247
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby Comedian » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:34 am

jasonc wrote:got these two this week:
https://www.strava.com/activities/796592998
this one was simple to flag. check out the HR. no way he's doing 100km/h at 50-70bpm

i got this one
https://www.strava.com/activities/796352824
this is a gps error. he's a pro. i'm not keen to flag it

Strangely, my report came up with nothing. I'm not sure if it's because I don't have any KOM's or didn't really ride anywhere. :oops: :|

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby jasonc » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:14 pm

It's based on where you ride. My commute goes along a freeway which means I get people driving home having left strava on
Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3387
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:01 am

jasonc wrote:
silentC wrote:Well this is embarrassing. I thought I only had one KOM left, but when I checked just now I discovered another one I didn't know about. Someone has created a segment and it looks like I may have forgotten to turn off Strava when I put the bike in the car one day. Had me doing 49kph up a 7% climb. So I have cropped the ride.

The good news my second fastest time is still good enough to keep it!


ha - luke did it on purpose one day - caught the bus with the phone going. he previously held the KOM. someone flagged it anyway. and then they flagged his real kom attempt


They flagged 3 or 4 rides in very quick succession including the ones with power, cadence, heart rate etc etc. Its my main commuting route either on the commuter, the training bike or the race bike so there's always the potential for some fast times to appear.
https://www.strava.com/activities/488662518
This is the ride that starts it all as its the fastest for a couple of the big segments. Anyone that has ridden the road knows its easy to keep a high average as its mostly downhill if you get green lights. Most of the KOMs I got that day were only by 1 or 2 seconds. It was just that I had greens that I took the longer koms haha.

The same happened on another segment a couple weeks back. A ride which I took the TT bike out for a training spin :P

Image
Image

8 attempts faster than the next fastest person. Flag away haters :P

PS. I did have my Mt Glorious time flagged at the end of last month as it was done in a vehicle.... Just because I'm 11 seconds faster than 2nd place doesn't mean it was in a vehicle :P

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby jasonc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:56 am

Image

Cossie Phil
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 5:35 pm
Location: Hoxton Park

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby Cossie Phil » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Point A to Point B on a bike, pedalling all the way is legit. Especially with HR and Cadence data to back it. External influences are just luck of varying degree's, and everyone has the chance to get lucky at some point:) It's a genuine KOM.
Image

User avatar
Comedian
Posts: 5247
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby Comedian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:PS. I did have my Mt Glorious time flagged at the end of last month as it was done in a vehicle.... Just because I'm 11 seconds faster than 2nd place doesn't mean it was in a vehicle :P

You keep coming up on my reports and I keep voting "VALID" :mrgreen:

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3387
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Comedian wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:PS. I did have my Mt Glorious time flagged at the end of last month as it was done in a vehicle.... Just because I'm 11 seconds faster than 2nd place doesn't mean it was in a vehicle :P

You keep coming up on my reports and I keep voting "VALID" :mrgreen:


:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hahaha

jasonc
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby jasonc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:
Comedian wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:PS. I did have my Mt Glorious time flagged at the end of last month as it was done in a vehicle.... Just because I'm 11 seconds faster than 2nd place doesn't mean it was in a vehicle :P

You keep coming up on my reports and I keep voting "VALID" :mrgreen:


:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hahaha

You're lucky you don't come up on mine.....
Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3387
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Well....... time to start training on the west side now with all this free time of mine :)

User avatar
Comedian
Posts: 5247
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: KOMDefender - Do I flag this ride?

Postby Comedian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:23 pm

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:
Comedian wrote:You keep coming up on my reports and I keep voting "VALID" :mrgreen:


:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hahaha

You're lucky you don't come up on mine.....

Hahaha!!!! if I ever get a KOM I'm going to pay for site advertising here. :shock:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users