Need training advice for Bobbin Head Cycle..

Widget

Need training advice for Bobbin Head Cycle..

Postby Widget » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:44 am

Hey Guys,

Looking to register for the 104km Bobbin Head Cycle in March.. but was hoping to get some advice on training.. especially to increase speed and endurance.

I haven't done much riding.. most of the time it's usually 50km(ish) trips .. I have done 83km a couple of times (triathlon and training ride).. usually averaging 25km +/- on any ride.

I'm in Western Sydney, so usually ride out to Penrith / Rouse Hill or up putty road/Kurrajong or a couple of times pitt town > sackville/Wisemans ferry n back.

I'm looking at google maps now plotting a looong ride of 100km .. maybe via putty road > colo heights round trip. There's also a bike group called "Lifestyle and Leisure" that I think still do group rides.. will have to ask.

My question is.. can anyone recommend / suggest training exercises/programs that I could do for next couple months? I'v never done specific bike riding training.. so not really sure on how to program it. Specifically something to help increase (average) speed & overall endurance?

I'm planning on getting a bike light too so I can go out riding of a night.. when it's cooler (and I'm usually a night person)

Any tips would be super.

Regards,

g-boaf

Re: Need training advice for Bobbin Head Cycle..

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:15 pm

Forgive the slow reply, been taking a bit of a break from bikes.

Have a look at newierider's letape Australia topic in the general discussion forum, you'll see good advice there.

More kilometres and more elevation but don't worry about average speed, that will happen anyway.

Widget

Re: Need training advice for Bobbin Head Cycle..

Postby Widget » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:35 pm

g-boaf wrote:Forgive the slow reply, been taking a bit of a break from bikes.

Have a look at newierider's letape Australia topic in the general discussion forum, you'll see good advice there.

More kilometres and more elevation but don't worry about average speed, that will happen anyway.
All good :). Thanks for the tip on the other thread, ill head over and have a read :)

Regards,