Power meter repairs

trailgumby

Power meter repairs

Postby trailgumby » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:53 pm

Unfortunately on my last lap at the Mont 24 last Sunday I stalled on a rock obstacle and had to dab which resulted in a harmless tumble, but unfortunately in the process I wiped the battery compartment clean off my Quarq S2275 mountain bike power meter against a rock. :cry:

I didn't notice until I'd ridden another few hundred metres, and was too tired and fogged to be bothered going back against the flow of traffic to hunt for the parts, which I figured were likely unusable anyway. Possibly that was an expensive decision.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to get the Quarq assessed and possibly repaired? They don't necessarily need to be based in Oz.

Thanks in advance. :)

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Re: Power meter repairs

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:53 am

Echelon in QLD, or Quarq directly in Spearfish SD.

trailgumby

Re: Power meter repairs

Postby trailgumby » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:27 pm

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:Echelon in QLD, or Quarq directly in Spearfish SD.
Forgot to say thanks for your response earlier.

Unfortunately it looks like my unit is unrecoverable. The US has offered me a replacement at quite a useful discount, but their MTB cranks are only 1x. I'm going to be a retro-grouch and stick with 2x.

It's probably moot for at least the next 6 months anyway as the limiter to any training I do is going to be heart rate rather than wattages due recent medical events.