Smart trainers (Wahoo Kickr) - is it important to your cycling?

Machoman121

Smart trainers (Wahoo Kickr) - is it important to your cycling?

Postby Machoman121 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 pm

I know i couldn't sit on a dumb trainer for more than 15 minutes - i'll just use it for some intervals to get the blood flowing into the legs but that would be it - I'll be on the bike for only 15 minutes - no longer.

Smart trainers seemed to be the top of the heap for training indoors.Do you guys who have owned something like the Kickr still use it - who has given up on it - and why?

If you're still persistently using the smart trainers - is it an important tool for you? How has it improved your cycling?

g-boaf

Re: Smart trainers (Wahoo Kickr) - is it important to your cycling?

Postby g-boaf » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Don't own one - but I do use a computrainer which is one of the old-school smart trainers. Some sorts of training can really only be done on a trainer. 2x30min intervals is a bit hard to do in the middle of big cities with traffic lights, intersections, etc.

Did a lot of intervals like that at low rpm and it helped a lot for when I was riding in the mountains. They were still hard, but not impossible.

Would I buy one? Unsure. It's not just buying the trainer, but it's all the other stuff, a big fan, software to run it, something to put down on the floor to catch the sweat.