Kickr v1 v2 or v3

Tim

Re: Kickr v1 v2 or v3

Postby Tim » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am

It might not have anything to do with it but do you have the Ant+ dongle attached to an extension cable?
I've read of similar type problems due to poor signal communication b/w the trainer and computer.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 am

Tim wrote:It might not have anything to do with it but do you have the Ant+ dongle attached to an extension cable?
I've read of similar type problems due to poor signal communication b/w the trainer and computer.
I've haven't got it on the extension cable, but I do have one I can use. However the reception seems to be fine between the two. I'm using the Garmin ant+ antenna. Seems to get my HR very reliably too, not even a single drop out.

I'll try your suggestion tonight.

andrewjcw

Postby andrewjcw » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm pretty sure it works as you describe in zwift. I think it actually gets erg disabled until the next interval block from memory (if you drop below a cadence).

Sounds like it might be a driver thing between perfpro and neo. You've got the latest firmware for the neo right?

Regardless, not really the right thread for it *cough* need indoor training forum section *cough*.
https://www.strava.com/athletes/andrewjcw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:41 pm

andrewjcw wrote:I'm pretty sure it works as you describe in zwift. I think it actually gets erg disabled until the next interval block from memory (if you drop below a cadence).

Sounds like it might be a driver thing between perfpro and neo. You've got the latest firmware for the neo right?

Regardless, not really the right thread for it *cough* need indoor training forum section *cough*.
Yup, asked for that and silence... :) I also updated the Neo to the latest firmware. I'll ask Drew Hartman and see if he has any ideas.

What it also does in PerfPro is in that little rider info window (along the bottom) is it gives you little bar graphs that move across and are coloured coded to indicate that you are in the correct power and cadence zones. If they remain green, then all good.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:16 pm

I seem to have found what was going on, there was a setting about cadence sensors and separate ones over-riding power meter cadence sensors. I switched that on and it seemed to be better. I did the warm up of a typical 5x5 I'd normally do and it worked okay. Now must get an industrial fan. :lol:

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 pm

g-boaf wrote:I seem to have found what was going on, there was a setting about cadence sensors and separate ones over-riding power meter cadence sensors. I switched that on and it seemed to be better. I did the warm up of a typical 5x5 I'd normally do and it worked okay. Now must get an industrial fan. :lol:
Yeah, you better be quick with "fan season" almost over. I grabbed one of the 75cm Arlec fans with the 280W motor from Bunnings a couple of months ago, as they only get stock once a year!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:26 pm

queequeg wrote:
g-boaf wrote:I seem to have found what was going on, there was a setting about cadence sensors and separate ones over-riding power meter cadence sensors. I switched that on and it seemed to be better. I did the warm up of a typical 5x5 I'd normally do and it worked okay. Now must get an industrial fan. :lol:
Yeah, you better be quick with "fan season" almost over. I grabbed one of the 75cm Arlec fans with the 280W motor from Bunnings a couple of months ago, as they only get stock once a year!
I noticed that, the smaller size wall mount industrial fans were gone. :lol: Finally finished a proper session today with no glitches, no laptop computer problems, everything worked as it should. :) I'll start another topic on the subject of smart trainer tech and software.