Smart trainers and software

Baalzamon

Re: Smart trainers and software

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:00 pm

So I just grabbed an Elite Direto from Pushys with 15% off. 2 rides so far and I've had ERG mode on and I was like what is ERG mode as I was mainly in 1 gear. Googled it and went OH.

So I've been off bike for a little time for a few months. How long would I wait to do FTP test?
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 pm

Baalzamon wrote:So I just grabbed an Elite Direto from Pushys with 15% off. 2 rides so far and I've had ERG mode on and I was like what is ERG mode as I was mainly in 1 gear. Googled it and went OH.

So I've been off bike for a little time for a few months. How long would I wait to do FTP test?

I you feel well enough, ie, well rested, good health (no cold or flu viruses) then you should give the FTP test a go.

Do a nice 5-8min gentle warm up, then set a 2% gradient and go for 20 minutes. If after 20min you still feel like you've got more in the tank, do another 2 minutes and just try to destroy yourself. Then take the best 20 minutes. If you use trainingpeaks, it'll tell you that in the summary anyway.

The FTP test is really your base line that you use for your ERG workouts, they work off that.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Well I've got trainerroad now. Did FTP test in that and yep felt that alrighty. Now going to do trainerroad plans with zwift overlaid. Is taking a bit to get used to ERG mode.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810