Giant OCR1 2008

Real life bike and gear tests

Giant OCR1 2008

Postby r2160 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:02 am

Name of product
Giant OCR1

Where bought and price
Blackmans Cycles - Parramatta
$1375 including Shimano SPD shoes, M540 pedals, Echowell wireless computer, MET Volo helmet

How it is used
Commuting

Description
All aluminium frame, carbon fork
All Tiagra, compact crank set, 12-25 rear cassette
Shimano R500 Wheels

Positives
I am really happy with the way it rides. It has been an excellent commuting bike. To date I have clocked up over 3500km on this bike. I bought a drop bar as I just cant get comfortable on a hybrid or flatbar and a road bike was the only choice for me. I have now put a rack and pannier bags on the bike to carry my clothes and other items I require for work, and have even started to do shopping etc with it. Saves time in parking and I feel better!I have also done rides up to 70km on this bike and have been very happy with the way it goes. When I purchased it, they changed the seat, and I have been very happy with it. The longest ride I have done on this bike is 68km and the only thing lacking is the engine. It feels stable in cornering, but doesnt corner particularly fast.

Negatives
I havent really found anything that I dont like, it has been reliable, I have only had one puncture since I purchased it and it has never let me down.

Additional notes
I have done over 3500kms on her now and it has proved very reliable. No problems from the gear set or anything for that matter. I clean the chain/cassette etc every 500km and havent had to touch it.

Reccomendation
It has proven to be an excellent commuter.

OVERALL SCORES

Quality Image

Performance Image

Value for money Image
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong
r2160

Return to Bike & Gear Reviews