PBK Titanium Frame

BrettGG

PBK Titanium Frame

Postby BrettGG » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:00 am

PBK Titanium Frame

Sponsorship through PBK

The frame on it’s own is now around $1100 with the weakness of the Pound

How it is used

I have ridden around 1100km or so on this frame and think I can constructively review it now.

It’s used roughly 4 times a week on short (35km) to longer (165km) rides. It’s used in sunshine and rain and everything in between.

Description
PICS TO FOLLOW SOON!!!

PBK Titanium Frame size 54cm
Ritchey WCS full carbon fork
Ritchey WCS Logic II handlebars
2010 Sram Force groupset
American Classic 420 Aero wheels
Speedplay Zero Stainless Steel Pedals
Selle Italia Flite saddle (been on a few bikes)

Although not the lightest frame around (approx 1.45kg), the complete bike incl pedals is just over 7kg.

Positives
Sensational looking frame
Really responsive under pressure
Accelerates like no other frame I have ever ridden
Extremely great feel when climbing
Not as much flex as one would think for a Ti frame
The craftsmanship and attention to detail is fantastic. The welds are really clean and neat with no inconsistencies at any point.

Negatives
Really the only thing I don’t like and it is not just with the PBK titanium frame but most Ti frames is that they don’t have replaceable rear dropouts. So if you happen to crash this baby it has to go in for surgery.

Additional notes
The frame and fork were sponsored by PBK but I bought the rest of the gear. I have 3 riding buddies who are buying complete bikes with 2010 Ultegra ad 2010 Force and both will land here at under $4000 excluding the building costs.

Recommendations
Forget the fact that I never paid for the frame, this is the finest frame I have ever ridden. I have owned numerous carbon frames both lugged and monocoque as well as multiple steel and aluminium frames and this is without doubt the most exciting to ride.

OVERALL SCORES

Quality Image Image Image

Performance Image Image Image

Value for money Image Image Image Image Image Image
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.